register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2015, 08:25 PM
Its still barking now, almost non stop, don't know how it does it. It is a very difficult situation, as Jeff is lovely and I'm sure my dogs must annoy him sometimes, every so often I ask him if there is anything annoying him, too much noise, any smell, and he always says the dogs are cleaner than he is, and everythings fine. Just heard the door go (it sticks like you wouldn't believe, yet another thing he doesn't seem to bother about so you can hear them coming and going) so immediately the noise has stopped, its been barking since just gone 7.30, barked most of the afternoon, and this has been going on a couple of days. Feel sorry for it, probably doesn't know where it lives by now, or who with, but this will be the reason it never stays anywhere very long!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Hey HARVEY
Best get yourself a little hat
..................................Off to take my mum to the opticians,she broke her glasses Its just the arm,the little bolt thing that holds the two together £100 for that little mishap
I usually do wear a hat (or one of those ski hood things) in winter, but thought we were supposed to be nearly in Summer so didn't bother

£100 sounds incredible for such a simple repair, I don't think I would be going there again
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Its still barking now, almost non stop,
June, that's not normal and IMO it means the poor thing is mentaly distressed and that comes down to the humans who are looking after it. I don't know what to suggest because I have learned in life that humans don't learn easily and most have a huge aversion to anyone telling them anything. They always seem to think they know best.

Talking to them about 'seperation anxiety' and a dogs need of companionship etc. will likely go over their head.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-04-2015, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
We are certainly not out of the woods yet with OH although at the moment things are going in the right direction he could take a turn for the worse at any time and this is what they are trying to avoid. To say I am worried is an understatement.
Sue, please tell him we are all thinking of him. It must be hard for you.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Still barking, whoever it was that came in has gone again, so 3 hours virtually non stop Taken my hearing stuff out so I can't hear it anymore. I'm obviously going to try and get them to understand the whys, but this dog is entrenched in its behaviours now, and lets remember that Jeff does 12 hour night sometimes!!!! if I suggest they get company for it, then I could well end up with two dogs barking non stop on the other side of the wall bloke who lives on the other side does shifts, but early start ones, so that constant barking is going to go down like a brick duck I think
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2015, 09:57 PM
Sue, send my best to Tumbleweed, don't forget to look after yourself too
oh dear TW, that doesn't sound good with regards to the dog, to be honest if you don't feel able to say anything i would just shove a note through the door....anonymously if needs be..stating the dog barks all day everyday it is alone, i went through it with Laney, he went from a quiet dog to a barking dog....the neighbour next door was the problem, when she changed her job the barking stopped
Lacey, is it the forever living aloe vera? I had diez on that for a bit, might see if i can get my mum to try it.
cancelled the vet appointment, the pup seems a lot better and i didn't want to drag her down the vet for nothing
very very tired tonight bet i get woke up early tomorrow too
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Yes GRIFF Forever Living drinking gel.Mum takes a little drink in the morning and one again in the evening
TW,that's not on with the barking
Just watched Book of Eli ,it was really good
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2015, 10:33 PM
It gets better. Went outside to put some grass seed on the bare patches as it had rained. The daughter is there.....dog is either on the windowsill or stood with its head poking through the curtains looking into the room, and it is barking non stop and she is letting it carry on, I think I may have shot it by now, be enough being next door to it, but to be in the same room and it carrying on in your face...nah..... Its quite an old dog as well, if it's being doing that all its life, then I imagine it will be on its millionth home by now and be completely psychotic I'm going to see Jeff at some point and I'm going to ask does he know the dog barks non stop all day and night when he's not there, bet he has no idea what's happening.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Geez,that's really weird Poor dog though,can't be happy You wouldn't have your dogs doing it TW,bet they'd be first to complain if the girlies barked non stop like that.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2015, 10:56 PM
I know when I've had puppies its been noisy, and everyones been really nice and understanding, and I've always worked on getting the babies to understand 'hush' . Ros will even go out and shout That's Enough if the girls bark at anything, and it goes on too long, when I am out. I don't want to build up any bad feeling, but I think 7 hours of barking in one day, (and that's when I was in) is 6 hours and 50 minutes too much
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4