Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Evening All,
Glad to see that Moyra's gout is becoming more bearable, all that's needed now is for the damn thing to go away altogether, perhaps the sunshine will hasten it's demise, here's hoping.
Eileen, your poor mum, early morning mass can't be good for a nice lady like her, all that kneeling etc. Probably feels she needs to do it to get some form of redemption for you and your sins against good taste (L&B etc, etc).While she's in there, perhaps you could get her to give me a mention with Him Upstairs, need all the help I can get! lol !
Griff - Clever Kota! So glad that she is starting to get the hang of agility, just getting youngsters to concentrate on something can be very hard in it's self. The only way I could get Scout to do it would be if she was chasing someone round it on a mountain bike (or a stuffed rat on a piece of string). Don't mention keyhole surgery, my late brother had "keyhole" surgery on his heart, must have been some key, the scar was 18ins long down the middle of his chest, never seen such a mess, he looked like he'd been run over by a circular saw. Poor old T-Weed don't deserve that even if his jokes are dreadful! lol !
As if I didn't have enough on my plate, my life is being made a misery by a big dog fox that keeps coming having a go at the chickens, in full daylight (which I consider to be cheating) so far he hasn't managed to get one but has killed two of my pigeons. The trouble being that they are used to dogs and dreadfully tame so until he actually grabs them, they have no idea he means them any harm. I discovered two separate piles of feathers on the edge of the Home Wood and also the remains of a very young lamb. So the sod has got to go, it's just a matter of catching it at it's tricks. Two nights ago it even had a chew at the hen-house door, fortunately it's made of T&G timber and easily withstood the assault.
Well enough of my moaning about the forces of nature.
See you later, bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2015, 09:14 PM
Glad to see you back, and you are not after all roaming the moors shouting for The Mem to find you and take you home. They've got young to feed, so they'll be after anything they can catch, including your livestock unfortunately
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2015, 09:27 PM
i love foxes but fully appreciate when you have livestock then you must luck after them, hope he is dealt with quickly and passes easily, shame really. I am a bit of a tree hugger myself and just wish everything could live in a bubble of niceness Lol
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2015, 09:34 PM
June - If I went missing, think the only thing The Mem would go looking for would be the "Policies". Well, perhaps a nice travel brochure as well!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2015, 09:37 PM
LOL, I'm sure she'd instigate a search, if only to discover the contents of your wallet
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Leave my wallet out of this, hate to think of such an old friend being rifled through by an unsupervised Mem!!!!!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Oh Griff - fancy admitting to being a "bit of a tree-hugger" think that could even be worse than having chocolate flavoured stripey legs! lol !
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Awww,feel so bad for the poor pigeons
Shall mention your name to my mum LG,get her to light a candle for you Think her early morning trips to Mass is a social thing,they all have their own seats,talk about each other's ailments etc Service ends just in time for the coffee shop opening and a few of them go have breakfast
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2015, 10:01 PM
Well Lacey, social event or not....with dedication like that she won't get turned back from the pearly gates..... Best get her to add my name to the list for having a good word lol
Gordon, i am dreadful...this evening i have just got a spider and put him out to save my mum killing him, our cat is probably the only one in the neighbourhood who doesn't kill things, he learnt pretty quickly that if he bought back birds mice toads etc. he got a jug of water dumped on him....i much prefer things alive, as he doesn't go out anymore he deffo doesn't kill anything
Lol, imagine the boost to the economy if the mem got hold of his wallet....only joking!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Thanks Eileen - Sounds like your Mum's early morning activities are just the ticket, especially the Coffee Shop bit !
Griff - Not five minutes ago i had the Mem complaining that she had gone to run her evening bath and there were bits of spider all over the tub. Looks like her new kitten is getting the hang of catching things! Eurghhh!!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >