View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Griff oh yes I will recognise her as she was a good friend to us before she moved to London. Went off for our shopping trip only to find the trains had been cancelled because someone jumped in front of another train. What a nightmare. We did eventually get to our destination. But I wish we had gone somewhere else then I would have taken the car. Oh well. Back home now and off for a coffee. Hope everyone elses day has been good.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Lol Lacey, the PW has broken. The whirly round and round bit has snapped It had to be finishes wth just the wand which apparently is not so efficient
Just had a visit from Celias sister with a thank you card and a bunch of roses. She has arranged a little tea party for her so I am off there now
Oops Sorry to hear about the whirly round and round bit
How lovely,with the card and roses..you deserve them... Enjoy your tea party
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Hi Everyone, just walked Amber again and gave her a game of ball on the green with another little Jack Russell she plays with. She is worn out now. Wanted to get her out and back before the Formula One Grand Prix Qualifying starts at 3.30pm. I have just had to take some extra UriciPlex as my gout as come back on top of my left foot. Had a job to get my shoe on had to rub it with volterol. Hope it goes off quickly. Was trying to think what may have caused it but then I think it is because I have been eating very little in fact and they say hard dieting can cause it not that I was strictly speaking dieting just been off my food a bit lately and just been having chicken soup! The sun is lovely outside but that wind is so cold.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2015, 02:21 PM
Jenny, that was nice of Celia's sister enjoy the tea party! Shame about the PW though.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-04-2015, 03:27 PM
Just dropped my friend back at the Metro, she had a nightmare getting here, everything is upside down and she had to hike across Manchester, as well as get on a free bus, to get to the tram stop to get to the one near to me. Last year you could do the complete trip without even changing trams, no idea whats happening, just glad I am no longer working and I don't have to rely on the trams. She's gone back with half my order of food, gone halves with the delivery charge though, and I will have to email Clearday with another order on Monday, she's going to give it a try and if her boys and girls like it, then she'll start ordering from him, its worked out a heck of a lot cheaper than Pets@Home, and there is more food, she spends about £18 normally, she's taken 16lbs of food back, minced chicken carcass, minced duck carcass, minced venison trim and minced beef tripe, plus half the delivery cost which is £1.75 and the total cost is £14.05 so she's well pleased. Nippy, cannot believe the chocolate tart went wrong apple crumble sounds good though. Lovely that Celia has had a tea party, its horrid being alone on your Birthday, and must be even worse if you are poorly like she is. What a lovely thought for her sister to bring you flowers, how nice is that. Moyra are things OK there as regards Steve, am a bit worried about you. Sounds like you had a lovely walk with Amber. Sun is out here, said 15 degrees in my car, wind is very cool.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Good afternoon

Enjoy the little party Nippy and that was a nic e thought of Celia's sister with the flowers. I expect your guest will enjoy the crumble with or without the chocolate sauce

Pity the round thing has broken but at least Brian has finished the job in hand

It would seem that southern rail doesn't know how to run a service they are always cancelling trains and making people use a bus Brenda. Brighton station was closed nearly all day last Thursday (I think) because of a derailment of an empty train.

You seem to have had a good day June with your friend although she had a nightmare journey

Hope the gout improves quickly Moyra but a least Amber has had a good run.

We too have lovely weather Eileen and my patio doors are open, although it is a tad in the windy side.

OH is a lot better. He has been sitting in a chair, all his drips are out so he is bale to move a lot easier. He is now having abs in tablet form and pain killers as an injection. Has asked me to take in two bottles of orange squash and some peppermint tea. On leaving he asked if I could take him in a packet of biscuits as so far he doesn't feel like eating a meal but could most probably manage a biscuit Hopefully now they will decide what is wrong with him and do something about it.

Have a good evening
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Great to hear OH is feeling better SUE Asking for biscuits is a good sign too,hopefully another day or two he'll be back home with you
TW your poor friend,I'm sure she's exhausted.Thats a good deal,you both got there
Football is on think I might have a little nap
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Glad to hear Barry is coming round a bit now. Hospital is soooo boring once youv'e started feeling better you start noticing how bad the food is as well and asking for hings to be brought in. We've go that cold wind here, needed a fleece under my coat this morning when we were on the river. Have a nice sleep Eileen.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Hi everyone, yes June, Steve has been quite chirpy today and bought us both Chinese tonight.

I am not that bright though, if any of you can, can you please talk to Kenny and get him to agree to me sending him some finance via Azz. I did send Jackie at Foxhound rescue another hundred, didn't hear from her but know she is a busy lady and the fact that she has found Duncan (Merrymen) a good forever home I am so grateful and for Eileen for arranging his transfer. A wonderful end to a sad story and that is why I need to help Kenny, he has spent his rent on help for Harvey and desperately needs help himself to keep his home. Please talk to him on my behalf.

Money is only any good if you can help people. I don't do holidays or have many lunches out but if I can use money I save basically from Steve's contributions as everything else comes out of my bank account then why not use it for good?

Thanks everyone, have a good evening, Goodnight, God bless.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Seen your post on the thread Moyra. Just have to wait and see if he answers you at all. I think it is a wonderful thing you are doing, lots of hugs to you, and hope Kenny can understand this, he's probably feeling he's lost his way at the moment, so maybe wait until he's feeling calmer and more practical.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >