Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2015, 10:29 AM
Nippy, sorry to hear celia isn't so good, i hope she agrees to the dr
Lol poor dillon, well i guess karma does come and get you then Lol, i must admit my 2 are mental cases and each as bad as each other although kota seems to be settling down a bit, she has times where she wants to sleep put the duracell puppy won't leave her sleep, that is exactly how she was with my laney
TW, i really really hope you don't run into idiot man...not with Lona having hurt herself, last thing either of you would need
i am doing o.k after the op thanks, the pain is nearly all gone and i can go to the loo so all is good, did get a shock last night when my mum told the consultant said to her i am going to need it doing very regularly
As for me coping, i do try my very best, there are days where i get really fed up... generally when i am very tired and i sort of explode...like the other day with regard my neighbour, it affects my dad quite badly so i tend not to say too much in front of him. My one worry at the moment is this having to learn how to catheterise myself but i am hoping it won't be as bad as i am fearing, i am hoping it won't hurt as much as what i think it will...fingers crossed!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2015, 11:31 AM
Afternoon
Have youngest home today,she wasn't feeling well this morning,headache and sore tum Is studying now and looking a little better Lacey is in fine form today,no head shaking or scratching at that ear Disaster trying to get those drops in but I'm bigger and stronger so she'll just have to behave
Lovely and sunny,still a bit windy though,perfect for clothes drying
Have two painters calling later to give me quote for upstairs,will see how it goes.Thinking they're not available Untill the week after next,course I want it done right now
Off to take the princess for a dander,then I'm going to have a pamper,I really need exfoliated
Hope Lona is ok TW and all other poorlies.
Enjoy your day,see ya later
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Lol Lacey, dread to think what Gordon will have to say on the matter of exfoliation.... properly tell you to get a sander Lol
so very glad that laceys ear seems a bit better, not so great about your daughter feeling ill, hopefully a passing bug and all will be well
Absolutely beautiful day here, i am baking, i have been kind and loaned my lawnmower to the people next door... the asian family, the old boy can't manage and his grand daughter nearly ran over the cable...just showed her how it worked and off she went..bless her, she has never had to do it before as he won't allow anyone to do his garden so she has learnt how to cut with an electric mower and petrol one, i am now trying to decide where the heck i am going to put this flippin dalhias!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2015, 01:37 PM
Hi Everyone, so glad you all seem to be coping. My friend Colin called round brought me a ramp for the front and it fits perfectly all I need do is put my old wood covered board over the top so that the aluminium doesn't get stolen. He has measured up the back door step from the patio doors and also the front door. He is so kind. He will work things out for me.

I actually gave Steve his marching orders this morning but he has completely ignored me. He had the cheek to say to
Colin that I couldn't afford too much. I had already told Colin I had plenty to pay him for the aluminium and he had already told me no way would he take any money for it

Steve will not leave even though I have asked him to do so!

I do not think I can put up with him telling me what I can and cannot do.............what the hell do I do?
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-04-2015, 01:37 PM
Hi Everyone!
Simple answer to the dahlias Griff, they like lots of direct sunlight and a bit of shelter from the wind, so that should narrow it down for you! As for my thoughts on exfoliation, well Hobbits are hairy litle things, so I suppose it's all for the good.
As nearly always I am sharing June's weather and it's a big disappointment after yesterday, poor little Scout has had her haircut and will probably be feeling it a bit! She looks like a different dog! Photos of before and after will follow eventually.
Look after yourselves and do try and be good, well, not that good! Bye fer now.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Sitting down with a mug shot
GRIFF,I bought two items in Molton & Brown cost me £50 but it was birthday money so that's ok One was an exfoliator the other a body wash...OMG they are amazing,could take paint off with that scrub Feel all smooth and lovely now,ready for putting my tan on later
Oh my dress arrived for the wedding,must take a pic let you have a look Seen lovely shoes and bag down town,would need to take my dress in tomorrow see if they match.Wanted sling backs cause I find them more comfortable,don't want to be slipping out and breaking my neck now do I? No comment from you LG
Have the patio doors wide open,its a gorgeous day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Afternoon everyone, lovely and sunny and warm here today.
Sorry to hear youngest is under the weather Eileen, glad to hear Lacey's ear is improving.
Out of the way of trampling paws griff. Mind you nowhere is safe in my garden with Dillon he has no respect for borders its all the same in his eyes and Dillon's space.
Hope Scout isn't feeling the chilly weather too much Gordon I shall send up some sun especially for her.
Moyra I have no idea what you can do about Steve if you have asked him to leave and he won't. Not a good situation to be in with your children.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2015, 01:46 PM
You are more than kind, Griff, you are a flipping saint!!! Lynn, thing is with 'challenging' dogs, you actually learn more than if they are laid back and co-operative. It can go two or three ways with fruit loops, you either get stuck in and learn how to handle them, or you dump them in rescue or even on the roadside, or (like the dog near Eileen) you chain it up so it can't cause you any real problem and forget about it. I reckon Bun is extremely intelligent, particularly if she is finding her way out despite what they do to stop her, so maybe they could do stuff with her that would utilise that. I have learned so much just because I don't like 'easy' dogs, I was the same with horses. Would much rather take on something thats going to tax me and requires input. Camera on my phone won't work, when I press the click thingy nothing happens Been raining fine rain since mid morning, girls needed a good run, so got them out. Cariad not one bit amused by this. Thank goodness never saw Silly Man. Saw the guy whose dog died a while ago, he has another rescue, a fawn staffy,(looked very tall to me though) who totally ignored Cariad's barking at him!!!! Moyra, just read your post. You get yourself on the list for a one bedroom place and move out without him. I am sure you can get extra points because of your health and the damp, cold conditions. Glad you've got the ramp now, bit more independence, Steve won't like that, will want you reliant on him so he can let you down and show who's boss
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Just while you mention it TW The other day while I was showing pics of Duncan to the DW,I happened to say about the dog that was chained.He said he'd have a word with the owners and just now while I was driving passed who did I see out for a dander? Think she got the message loud and clear He's lovely too,tail wagging away
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Good afternoon

Hope your daughter is better by tomorrow Eileen and glad that Laceys ears are better.

You are a very kind person Griff. Hope you are feeling better today too.

Myra I don't know what you can do about Steve except ignore him. Don't cook for him for do his washing. What a lovely friend you have making you the ramps so at least you will be able to get out on blue without any problems.

Sorry to read about Gill Lynn, hugs to you both. Poor old Dillon having to put up with a puppy

Poor Scout the weather would change just as she looses her coat Having said that Teazle is due for a strip this weekend so I may spend Saturday afternoon/evening doing her.

Hope your neighbour is now a lot better Nippy and you get to enjoy yourself in the garden.

Lovely and sunny and very warm here. Patio doors open with a lovely breeze wafting in.

OH must be feeling a little better as he was complaining about the staff and them not listening to him and having nothing to eat. He is still on IV fluids, painkillers and antibiotics and if he has improved by tomorrow they are going to have a look at the stones and the surrounding area. He has had a scan and they can see quite a few stones and a very inflamed area round his pancreas. He is definitely looking a better colour not so yellow. Didn't stay long as he wanted to sleep so did a I was told and came home Once again thank you for all your thoughts I think they may be working.

Have a good afternoon and evening
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >