View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2015, 03:19 PM
thanks for that TW, i have no idea what one is Lol, deags would probably settle down eventually but Kota...well she is just a nut, can't control herself when people touch her...may be worth having a word with the lady who sorts the training out to see what she thinks, do you think they will be used to dogs who are nobs? Lol
i really worry about deags.... i have never met a dog so into the tv before now Lol, she is currently watching people parachuting on allo allo with her face right up on the screen... she is also obsessed with aleksander the meerkat, even if she is asleep and hears him she wakes up to watch...weirdo lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Here you are Griff http://www.mctimoney-animal.org.uk/ these people are used to dealing with horses as well as dogs, so I wouldn't worry at all. They know how to relax them far better than we can. As long as you make it matter of fact for her so she doesn't feel there's any need to act up because you're upset. Lona isn't what you call a people dog, she doesn't willingly accept attention from strangers, but the difference with this woman is amazing, shes not one bit bothered about her taking the lead over and takes all sorts off her without any reaction whatsoever.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2015, 03:42 PM
thanks TW, with Kota it is the fact she gets ssoooooooo excited, i have noticed how many people want to touch deags but no-one wants to say hi to her
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
thanks TW, with Kota it is the fact she gets ssoooooooo excited, i have noticed how many people want to touch deags but no-one wants to say hi to her
Awww,that just made me sad.Whats the matter with peeps?? Kota is gorgeous,as is Deags of course
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-04-2015, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
was passing the vets and thought I'll just pop her in while we're here.Been shaking her head quite a bit this morning.Lucky i did,she has an ear infection. Has drops to go in twice a day for five days( never had a bother with her ears before) Old age I reckon
Old age maybe but remember it's the ears where the 'balance' mechanisms are located and they send signals (via the nervous system) to the legs and if those signals get mixed up the legs don't work, it's called 'vestibular disease' which is what Rianna had.

So I do hope those drops work. Shaking the head seems such a harmless thing and I'm sure it is in Lacey's case, but just wanted to give you some background info. A few weeks ago I hadn't a clue what vestibular diesase is, now, sadly, I seem to know more than I ever wanted to know
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Good afternoon one and all, Glad to see that Moyra is back with us and that our poorly contingent both 4 legs and 2 are on the up!
Poor Lacey - orrid mummy, allowing her to get an ear infection. Don't worry Lacey, nice kind uncle Gordon will come over and take you to the vets personally and he will make sure for you that the new Lady Vet is up to scratch. Will give her the once over, just of course to make sure she is fully briefed in the ways of the delicate ears of a little fluffy Princess.
Griff - read that post last night about your neighbours, but in truth was to annoyed to post. Doesn't do anyone any good just ranting on the 'puter. Please believe me when I say that if i lived round the corner I'd be round and wring that little B's neck! They don't deserve to draw breath!
June - It's a lovely afternoon here, so take it that it will be the same at yours. Hope the sunshine lifts your mood somewhat, not been a great week for you, I know, but looks like the worst of it is behind you now, fingers crossed.
Have just been down for a chat with my GP which I do at his insistence every few months or so. Says that considering the heart, kidneys, dodgy knees, diabetes, and general miserable old gitness from which I suffer, I am in astounding good order. Lovely chap, always take him a dozen eggs and we sit and put the world to rights over a cup of tea! There's very little wrong with the NHS up our end. It's all a bit old fashioned and gentle-paced, seems only when you go into the big places in town and city that it all get's lost in translation, as one might say!
Off out again now, as I've had yet another cup of tea and I have work to do.
Take care of yourselves and good luck with that fly Eileen, bye fer now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
we sit and put the world to rights over a cup of tea! There's very little wrong with the NHS up our end. It's all a bit old fashioned and gentle-paced, seems only when you go into the big places in town and city that it all get's lost in translation, as one might say!
What a coincidence LG for this very afternoon I too have been for my annual MoT with the Doc today and while we didn't have tea we did chat about things in general and his impending retirement in particular. It's a bummer because he's really good unlike the muppets at the 'big town' surgery where I was before and where I could never get an appointment inside two weeks or a doctor who was willing to look at my leg or any of the staff who would even consider a statin that didn't make me feel giddy. Now I've found a good doctor he's thinking of retiring, story of my life
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Thanks HARVEY So far,so good though.Has had her second instalment of ear drops and hasn't been shaking her head since the first lot Will keep an eye on it of course How is Rianna?
LG,look at you all chummy with the doc Someone you actually like eh?Is he a grumpy ole git too Last of the summer Wine,just entered my head I did giggle in the vets this morning,thinking of you eyeing up the lady vets Sorry Mem,if you're looking in
Finally got rid of the fly...without the tea towel Its cruel I know but I gave him every opportunity to be free and he wouldn't take it He made the mistake of flying into the downstairs loo so I sprayed fly spray in there and shut the door...he's gone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2015, 05:29 PM
Lol, Lacey, i don't mind anything pretty much outside but if they enter the house then i am sorry it is war, i have 2 fly screens up at the back door (outer porch) then one on the inside door, doesn't do a bad job except for when it is really windy, used to open the front door into the porch, waft them in there with a newspaper and then open the porch door... can't waft the paper about noe as deags is terrified of them
Gordon, you are right, ranting does no good at all, i will have to do something...however today has been quiet so he either isn't there or someone is keeping an eye on him
i am very glad you got through your check up and we love your grumpiness
Losos, very glad you also got sorted out, it is dreadful when your doctor retires, 2 of mine did and it is awful...hopefully he may go part time
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2015, 06:04 PM
RIP fly. Only one chance here then they get it. Unless its bee's or wasps they I do try my best to save.
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »