View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Poor Lacey's ears Eileen. I use Thornit powder for Dillon if he starts head shaking a tip I found on line is to get small make up brush ie: eye shadow dip it in the powder and then you just run it around the rim of the ear it is not meant to go directly in the ear canal then you rub the ears so it gets into the canal but in a gentler way. I also find a hepur sulph tablet to bring any wax to the surface then I wipe with a soft cotton pad with colloidal silver.
Sorry Barry is not feeling well still Sue.
Pub and garden centre sounds fine to me Nippy Jen. Just the day for it.

Just spoken to Gill I really cannot keep up with her hospital appointments I know she has an appointment next Tuesday and hadn't realised she also had one today. Well after her good news a couple of weeks ago that the cancer marker was down it is now up again so the cancer has recognised the new lot of chemo and rejected it. Next step is they are going to try her on the breast cancer tablet in the hopes that may have some effect she has also got to inject herself every day in the stomach to stop blood clots. The hospital did it today she will now have a district nurse a couple of times to mentor her then she is on her own with it till such time she doesn't need them. She will also be getting another scan she is waiting for the appointment. So not good news seems like she is fighting a losing battle. Which I suppose deep down we all know including herself she is.
So now going to watch Vera on catch up and eat cr*p food to console my woes over Gill and this dastardly cold.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Awww look at little Lacey loved the other pic too of her with her bow on.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2015, 01:31 PM
Oh Lynn sending you hugs, and hopefully this new drug will help Gill.
Aww look at Princess Lacey looking all cute and snug glad that the meds are helping
Sue, hoping your OH is feeling better soon
Am off to work soon, should be against the law on a beautiful day like this
Rosie is in and out like a yoyo, too warm for her
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2015, 01:33 PM
GRIFF,"Princess" is an understatement loves her comfort but she is so good
Thanks LYNN,TW and BRENDA,for the ear advice Worry about silly things really,don't we?People like Gill going through so much on a daily basis,forget how lucky we are sometimes
(( hugs)) LYNN.Lets hope and pray the tablet and injections have an effect,bless her,so sad
I am chasing a fly around the kitchen,normally good at catching them but this boyo is giving me the run around.Its possible he could actually die from exhaustion Determined to get him
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2015, 01:36 PM
MANDY,"to warm" I wish Lucky you Send it over here,you're going to work and won't be needing it Have a good day,see you tonight on D.A.D
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Thanks Mandy and Eileen I feel they are kind of clutching at straws now for her before they have to actually say nothing more they can do. If this is the second sort of chemo which has recognised the cancer I am not sure they will or can offer any more if there are more to be had. Will have to wait and see after the scan I think if they will offer the radiotherapy.
The injections are to stop blood clots.

Lets make a law for Mandy that no work allowed on a nice warm sunny day. It is after all manifesto madness at the moment.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Glorious here, sun is out and its really warm. Have got the bones to bag and freeze now. Girls all fine and enjoying the sun, pleased to see me back, all came to say hello, all back in the sun now getting some rays. Lovely to be able to have the top half of he back door open once again. i'm seeing flies as well,Eileen, thought it was a bit early for them.I've already got my Fly Armoury stocked, Home Bargains are selling really big citronella candles in glass jars with a rope handle, as soon as I saw they had them in I bought 2, and have bought 2 a week since then. Also got the tealight citronella candles as well and am building a stockpile of them Sorry to hear Barry is so poorly, Sue. Am hoping you get some good news from them soon and he is back telling dreadful jokes (don't tell him I said that though ) Sorry you've got to work Mandy, remember those days well, setting off to work on a lovely day, sitting in traffic to get there, looking wistfully out of the window all day, getting my lunch hour sat outside, then sat in a traffic jam all the way home, and looking forward to times like now when I can take advantage of it when I please. Loving the perfectly groomed Princess lying neatly on the cushions. Hoping the sun finds you soon Eileen, you normally get the good weather first!!!! Thanks for the tip Brenda, I'm getting a first aid box together and was going to get Thornit when I next got my works pension in (sent off for the Septiclense this month- although it and the seaweed I ordered haven't arrived as yet) , also just ordered the VetVits for Lona and also Cariad, but will order your recommendation instead. Lynn, so sorry about Gill, she is a very very brave person and my heart goes out to her and all of you, her family. Not sure if its the same, but my youngest son, who is diabetic, injects himself in his stomach and it doesn't bother him, he has a special pen type thing. Meg you've chosen a lovely day to paint, you will get a tan at the same time
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Will get some of those candles while I'm out TW,they were really good last year,recommended by you I gave the boyo loads of chances to slip out the open patio door but Oh no,he is lacking any brain cells so it's the tea towel swipe I'm afraid
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Lynn, i am so very very sorry to hear this chemo has been rejected, i really hope the tablets will help, is it clexane she has to inject? if it is it isn't too bad, it just stings a little bit sometimes. Have you ever hear of CV247? it was originally designed for animals but there have been a couple of trials in humans...i looked into it for my nan
Lacey, we have tonnes of flies in the garden too yack!
Mandy, i agree with the others a law needs to be passed that you are unable to attend work on sunny days Lol
TW, i was quite lucky sometimes, being the apprentice if there were no ramps spare i had to work outside... was great in summer, not so great in winter, when we moved to our new site we had fields surrounding us which was nice and going on test drive in the country lanes in summer was fantastic
Just spoken to my aunty... she has the builders in, getting an extension done, tonnes of hammering and banging and dust...like the idea of an extension just not the chaos
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Griff, just one thing about the proposed chiropractor coming to training. They may well find something thats a bit 'out' on your pups, amazing what they find. Also a McTimoney practitioner is good, they work through gentle manipulation and massage rather than the rougher stuff that some do. Never once even heard Lona yelp whilst she's being sorted, she sort of goes into a trance, and the first time I took her she almost nodded off!!! Noticed a For Sale sign on her house yesterday and forgot to ask, so this morning I did, she's moving to Stoke but she quickly followed up my oooooh nooooo, by saying remember she's mobile and she's up my end all the time, so will call round if needed, phew.....
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »