View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 05:40 AM
Almost scared to check for updates in here. Thank goodness it wasn't either snow and ice or very hot during those long days on his own. So sad thinking about him with no one to help.
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Another update today from Lisa.

Duke is stable and being treated for dehydration , conjunctivitis and is waiting to be x rayed as his back leg/legs ? (not sure yet) is hurt. he's too weak for anaesthetic (bad spelling sorry) I will know more in 3 hours so will keep you updated. he was so scared. after being hit in my car by a lorry, he was hit by a car/lorry on the other side of the motorway, he climbed over the barrier 300 metres to end of m60, rolled down the embankment, and has been there ever since. 8 days and 7 hours with no water/food. he was too injured to climb the fencing to get out. my dads dog (dukes little brother) found him at 4.30pm ish. hes a very large dog so we couldnt lift him over so my dad and brother in law James broke down the fencing and carried him all through the woodlands to the car. wish i had took thunder 4 days ago though as i spent half an hour looking in that area and again 2 days ago.. i was shouting his name, but i know now, he was too weak to let me know he was there....
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Fingers crossed here for Duke.
So sad thinking of him lying there, you did your best at the time trying to find him x
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Lisa has transferred Duke to the PDSA, (due to increasing costs) in Manchester at 10am today, Tuesday 25 June, she says his leg is fractured and may have to be amputated, but if possible fixed. He has responded well to treatment and looks a lot better now. Fingers crossed they can fix his leg
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 09:49 AM
At least it's positive news, everything crossed xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Sorry I haven't been keeping up on this story, how tragic for Duke, and I'm so glad he has been found and is receiveing good medical attention, I hope the leg can be saved. Don't blame yourself that you didn't find him the first time, that's just bad luck, the main thing is he has survived, I find it amazing that he lived for eight days just lying there, he certainly deserves to come through this.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2013, 02:30 PM
I hope he comes through this OK, I knew there was an RSPCA hospital (in Salford) but had no idea there was a PDSA place, I hope they manage to save his leg.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Oh my god this thread has just reduced me to tears. Poor boy, well done for carrying on searching for him and don't kick yourself for not finding him there when you looked it's like someone else said it's just bad luck. I'm so so glad he's pulled through, fingers crossed for the best possible outcome on his leg bless him, his been through so much
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 04:06 PM
I hope wherever he is he gets the best possible treatment and every effort is made to save his leg. After surviving alone as long as he did that's the least he deserves.
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:53 PM
So pleased Duke is now home and recovering. Such a difficult time for all the family. The reunited photo is beautiful, they both look so happy - wishing both a speedy and full recovery.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >