View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dave Warner
New Member!
Male 

20-01-2013, 09:22 AM

New Home Needed for Smithy (update @ post 18)

Hi - I find myself in the very upsetting position of needing to find a new home for my much loved Golden Retriever 'Smithy'
Without to much detail circumstances at home & with work have overwhelmed me & I can't see my little friend suffer as a consequence of these changes.

Smithy is 14 months old - full pedigree KC registered - all injections are unto date & he has been neutered : he is a lively friendly fella likes 2 good walks per day & a bit of quality time. He gets on well with other Dogs - he is quite a submissive, but loves a good run off the lead, water & everything else you would expect a golden retriever to love! He is doing well with training obviously house trained & will do anything for food treats. On the lead he can pull a bit if you let him so needs a firm hand. Off the lead he is good will wait & return on command if. He never runs off like some of the gun dog breeds.
Smithy sleeps most of the day after his breakfast & morning walk and comes to life in the evening when its walkie & food time again.
I think he would suit someone who is at home most of the day & can have one or two main masters he really seems to bond with men.
Currently Smithy is in Northern Ireland - I would honestly drive to the ends of the earth all at my cost to find him the right home.
He is a beautiful dog of the golden colour
If you think you can offer my best pal a new loving home please let me know dave@davewarner.co.uk - i supply any other details pictures etc.

If you know someone that may be looking a new lifelong friend please pass this on.

D
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Hello Dave and welcome. I am really sorry to learn you find yourself in such a difficult situation

Have you contacted your dog's breeder, they may be able to help.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2013, 09:30 AM
So sorry Dave.....

Welcome aboard though xx
Dave Warner
New Member!
Male 

20-01-2013, 09:30 AM
I haven't done this as yet - I really wanted Smithy to go straight to a nice new home as He would really hate to have a long time caged up in kennels - he is very much a house dog - However i will take your advice & call the breeder ASAP

Thank you for your reply
Dave Warner
New Member!
Male 

20-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Thank you - I am so Gutted I can't begin to explain - he is such a lovely dog & a real loyal boy - i just don't wan t to let him down
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Oh I am so sorry, I cannot imagine what it must be like to make that decision.

He sounds such a wonderful dog though that I am sure he will be able to find a good home. Is there a Golden Retriever Rescue organization? They might even have people on a waiting list. Does you vet have any suggestions?

Really hope we'll be hearing soon that he's found a great forever home.
Dave Warner
New Member!
Male 

20-01-2013, 10:10 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkmysa7l3yw6c8w/Smithy.pdf

Few pics of my handsome lad.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Welcome and sorry to hear of the decision you are having to make.

Can I just ask why would Smithy be in kennels all day if he went back to the breeder ?
I know if I had to rehome my dog his breeder would want to know and if she couldn't take him she would actively help to rehome.
We did have to sign a contract saying she must be first port of call if this ever happens.
Have you tried the breed club they usually have a rehoming person and can give help and advice.
Wishing you the best and that you find the ideal home for him.
Dave Warner
New Member!
Male 

20-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Hi - I find myself in the very upsetting position of needing to find a new home for my much loved Golden Retriever 'Smithy'
Without to much detail circumstances at home & with work have overwhelmed me & I can't see my little friend suffer as a consequence of these changes.

Smithy is 14 months old - full pedigree KC registered - all injections are unto date & he has been neutered : he is a lively friendly fella likes 2 good walks per day & a bit of quality time. He gets on well with other Dogs - he is quite a submissive, but loves a good run off the lead, water & everything else you would expect a golden retriever to love! He is doing well with training obviously house trained & will do anything for food treats. On the lead he can pull a bit if you let him so needs a firm hand. Off the lead he is good will wait & return on command if. He never runs off like some of the gun dog breeds.
Smithy sleeps most of the day after his breakfast & morning walk and comes to life in the evening when its walkie & food time again.
I think he would suit someone who is at home most of the day & can have one or two main masters he really seems to bond with men.
Currently Smithy is in Northern Ireland - I would honestly drive to the ends of the earth all at my cost to find him the right home.
He is a beautiful dog of the golden colour
If you think you can offer my best pal a new loving home please let me know dave@davewarner.co.uk - i supply any other details pictures etc.

If you know someone that may be looking a new lifelong friend please pass this on.

D
Link below shows a few pics of Smithy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkmysa7l3yw6c8w/Smithy.pdf
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi and welcome

I'm so sorry that you find yourself in a situation that your beautiful boy (I've just looked at the photos) has to be rehomed.

Goldens are very popular and if I were in your situation my first port of call would be the breeder, then Golden Retriever Rescue centres in the UK. They often have families on waiting lists ready to rehome.

The best of luck to you and I'm sure it goes without saying that you will 'vet' whoever offers him a new forever home.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >