Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lupus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2009, 11:18 AM

Arrow (Northern InuitxGSD)

We are looking for a new home for our lovely boy Arrow. We took him on last march from his breeder and have been trying since then to get him and our JRT to settle together. They started by having small scraps, but since november last year their scraps have become full blown fights. Neither will back down especially the terrier who has been in arrow's mouth on quite a few ocasions. Unfortunately because of his size arrow has inflicted a fair bit of damage on our JRT in the last few months, their most recent spat culminating in harvey having stitches. We have spoken to a behaviourist to try and sort their issues out, but it has just not worked. It would seem they just clash personality wise.
We cannot keep them together anymore at the risk of more injuries. On the recommendation of both the behaviourist and two very experienced vets we have decided to rehome arrow. Our JRT is 5yrs and we've had him since a pup and it would not be fair to rehome him bcause the kids would be devastated. We have ontacted Arrow's breeder who unfortunately is in no position to take him back herself currently due to an injury.

Arrow has just turned 2 and was castrated at the beginning of April. He has basic obedience although can do more if he puts his mind to it, he can be safely let off lead on walks, although he likes to chase pigeons and rabbits he can be nervous of other dogs when out and he is just getting over being gobby at these, although he tends to just avoid them if off lead. He walks nicely on the lead, is amazing with the kids although he does have quite a waggy bum so little kids under two/three not advisable. He is quite vocal, lots of morning woo woo's, and barks at the front door...sometimes. He loves his walks and can rather excited when the lead comes out so we've been working on this. He does like to grab food off kitchen worktops if your not looking and will occasionally chew objects he finds up there, but generally he is a very good dog which is why we are so upset he has to go. He would be best suited either as an only dog or with a nice calm female to keep him calm too. He may well enjoy scootering or rigging as he has shown an interest in this. We really would like to find him the best home possible and whoever takes him will need to stay in touch with his breeder about his progress and we'd like to have an updated email with pics every now and again aswell.

hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2009, 02:58 PM
sad story hope arrow finds a new home soon..poor lad!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Sorry to hear that, he looks like a lovely boy
But you have tried hard to make it work - sounds like it is best for both of them to split them up
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Poor dog, has the problem become worse since you bought your GSD bitch puppy ? I'm surprised you got another dog whilst you are still having problems with your other 2 dogs & surprised any breeder would sell you a puppy when yor other 2 were fighting so much.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Hope you find the right home for Arrow. He sounds like a lovely boy Best of luck with finding nice owners to give him a loving home Try not to feel bad, sounds like you did all you could to try to resolve the situation.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 03:33 PM
I hope you find Arrow a home soon.
If only I could but Mo won't allow another dog in the house
Lupus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2009, 05:08 PM
joedee, the boys have always been on and off. the only time they have ever been off for a period of time was when we had an entire foster bitch in the house, she seemed to settle them down, when she was in the process of finding a home we took on the puppy, they were fine for a few weeks then suddenly they just got worse. They have never had issues between each other with a bitch in the house and the behaviourist agreed this was not the problem as we'd been having problems before the foster bitch came in but it wasn't as severe. Maybe if they had been having fights while the bitch had been here we wouldn't have got the puppy. Bear in mind the bitch also came into her first season while she was with us and there was no scrapping. So it's just an issue between the boys and the behaviourist said as the fights are now getting worse they won't get any better. I hope this helps. I did say no judging, we've already been down this road with the behaviourist.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm dismayed to hear this. Poor Arrow; I hope that he soon finds the forever home he deserves. I hope Harvey recovers quickly.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 05:14 PM
What horrid news - you must be devastated.

So sorry to hear it - hope you manage to find a good home for Arrow

x0x
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 05:14 PM
You say no judgin, but I'm going to judge you here.

I'm judging you as a resonsible owner who has the best interests of their dogs at heart.

I am very sorry to hear of your problems and I hope you find a perfect home for your dog
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >