Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2009, 02:11 PM

Hear the Bikers Roar!!

just thought I'd post this to see if anyone was intrested on Sunday the 29th of march at the bath dogs home is a wonderfull sight to see, around this time each year a large group of motorbikers come en masse to the home to deliver a years worht of donations of food and money. they've been coming for many years now and they are a fantastic sight to see! if anyone is in the area or fancies seeing something that happens only once a year then do come!! it is always great to see em coming bearing in mind you will hear them about five minutes before you DO see them

I'll be there as usual so if anyone is thinking of coming would be nice to have a gossip as I've loads on the home good and bad.

But for a taster here's a previous run they made about four years back.....

Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2009, 02:20 PM
If I was nearer I'd of come to watch

All credit to them for their dedication in fundraising year after year
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

24-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Well done the Bikers........ Wish I was nearer would love to be there.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Well done to the bikers indeed, wish I were closer too xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Well done to the Bikers.....credit to them
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Awww...what a shame we're not closer. Well done to the bikers though!!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-03-2009, 03:36 PM
That must have been a sight to behold today - wish I was nearer too.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Well done to them

They do the same sort of thing here in staffordshire. They do about 3 a year. Last week they collected easter eggs for kids in childrens homes in about september they do the 'pet run' were they collect pet food for the local dog/cats homes and just before christmas they do another when they collect toys for the kids. They ride round on a route that has been published in the local papers and people line the routes and donate things for the bikers to take. It all ends with a disco for the bikers at the town hall. We drove past the town hall last year and there was hundreds of bikes parked a large car pak nearby was completely full and the streets were all lined with parked motor bikes. It is an amazing sight to see. If yours is anything like ours it would have been a fantastic sight.
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-03-2009, 04:45 PM
BAH!! seeing as my less than reliable car has broken down AGAIN! for the third time since late jan I was unable to go this year which, as you can imagine has me fuming I've now got to wait till next year again.

I've heard from a friend who was there that around 200 came this year so it sounded good which has annoyed me even more cos I missed it! still as and when the car is repaired yet again It's going in p/x to another more reliable garage for something better (I hope!)

Your run sounds like great fun Freyja! I bet that is a great sight to behold as well.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 07:09 PM
brilliant what a lovely gesture . i know one of the towns ,not far away from ,where we live ,they do it for the ,kids in the homes ect .big weldone for the dogs though brilliant