Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 08:42 PM

Young Alaskan Malamute needs new home

HI All,

Shadow is a 22 month old Alaskan Malamute (with papers - can't show because he was born without a tail) who is in need of a new forever home.

The lady who owns him is quite severely ill and cannot cope with the demands of properly exercising and stimulating him. Shadow was her husband's dog but they split up and he left the dog behind!

He's incredibly boisterous and although is not at all aggressive, will nip when he gets over excited (probably because he has too much energy). He's exceptionally powerful and has previously growled at a child - therefore the owner won't rehome him to a home where there are children in the house or any visiting children.

She tried to advertise him but the only interest she had was from people wanting to use him for breeding or people with no kowledge of the breed. He has not yet been neutered.
She has contacted the breeder but they weren't interested in taking Shadow back so this is a last resort for her.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll PM you her phone number.

Laura xx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 08:44 PM
how sad that the breeder couldnt care less.

hopefully there is a dogsey home on here for him.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Can't she contact breed rescue??

They will help!!

http://www.malamuterescue.org.uk/

Breeder sounds lovely!!!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Totally agree with Louise's post, as he has papers the official rescue should be able to help out, he NEEDS to be with someone experienced NOW if he is showing this behaviour.

Mo
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Why do we hear of some many irresponsible breeders Don't they realise when they mate the bitch to the stud that they are responsible for the litter (however many dogs that may be) for the rest of their lives

I hope he finds a good loving home with someone that really understands the breed
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I'll call her tmoorrow and advise her to speak to the breed rescue. My guess is that the breeder isn't interested because he has no tail. Not good enough as far as I'm concerned but at least they said so to begin with rather than take him back and not treat him properly.

He sounds a lovely dog and seserves a good home - but don't they all?!

Laura xx
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-02-2009, 07:23 AM
I'm really sorry to hear about Shadow . . .

Shame on the Breeder . . . . . . !!!! . . . No matter what his situation an 'Ethical Breeder' should put the dogs well being first and foremost.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
My guess is that the breeder isn't interested because he has no tail. Not good enough as far as I'm concerned but at least they said so to begin with rather than take him back and not treat him properly.
I doubt it has anything to do with his tail, a decent breeder would take back a dog they bred at any point no matter what was wrong with them. Unfortunately, just because he has papers doesn't mean the breeder is reputable, in fact if you look through the BRS only a small fraction of the dogs registered come from reputable breeders

I definately agree that she should give breed rescue a call. Their details can be found on the AMCUK site:

Breed Rescue

Or on the Breed Rescue's own website:

AMCUK Rescue
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Any news on this boy?
cornishmals
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Good luck on finding a forever home.Hopefully Cynthia at AMCUK Rescue can help.Sadly too common for unreputable breeders not to take pups back.Should be named and shamed!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >