Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 11:16 AM

Whats West Midland Safari Park like?

As I'm being taken there next month for my birthday, but for people who have been what are the enclosures and the welfare like for the animals? Thats all I care about really lol.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Well as its a "Safari Park" the animals are largely loose in huge areas. The Cheetahs are in a smallish enclosure, the Leopards are in poor conditions IMO, right next to the amusements! The Tigers are not too lush in their quarters either, the hoof stock have the best deal. Its worth a visit, and you get a free return ticket.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Hope you have a good time cant say whats its like as i have never been to any where that keeps wild animals in captivity.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Umm sounds like the big cats enclosures could be improved then. But the rest is good? Do the animals have lots of enrichment? I suppose enrichment can be more important then loads of space for some animals as they are kept busy?

DD I haven't been anywhere like this before either lol.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I've been a few times and we've had a great day out every time. It can be a bit hit and miss with a few of the enclosures if the animals are too far away to spot but that's not many of them. I think as with any animal place you could always make improvements for them but in general it's ok. Hope you have a great day out xx