Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2016, 06:45 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 20th August

Good morning everyone,

Don't know where you all got to yesterday as the thread was very quiet. Well the sun is shining this morning not sure how long it will last. Some of the washing I took in yesterday was not quite dry put it on the clothes horse racks. Might need to go out again.

June if Nigel can clear that bit down by the river it would be wonderful for you and the dogs.

Lynn, did you pick your new car up yesterday, I wonder?
Hope Dillon, Casey and Lara are ok and Harvey yourself as well.

Norma and 1cd hope you are coping north of the border and the weather is not too unkind to you. It was our day for the rain yesterday.

Nippy Jen and Brian hope you are ok. Brenda and Mandy, Nikki and Griff too hope all is well with you.

Will be nice to get LG back and also Eileen again. Have a good day all stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2016, 07:55 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Yes I did pick my car up yesterday afternoon Moyra.
Couple of advisories on the mot. Gaitor boot off side needs doing by next mot and one of the tyres will need replacing in the near future.
Didn't argue the point of those jobs not being done seeings as I got it for a very good price. We will get them done in the not to distant future.
He serviced it and said any problems give him a ring.
Off to Essex later Mark is back for the weekend as Lauren has a family do and Joel wants to go back to spend some time with his friends. He may stay with a friend till time to go back to school if not he will go home. Mark is not happy but as he said what can I do I can't say he can't go back home as I have nowhere for him to live yet and he goes back to school on the 5th September so will have to return home by then.
We will all worry a bit about him. Mark has booked his intensive driving course he starts it on the 5th september. Also he has an interview on Monday for a warehouse manager job. If he gets it no idea where he will live he reckons he will have to rent a room till he has enough wage slips for a letting agent to entertain him privately renting. He thinks that will be about 3 months.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends.
If you pop in brenda hope you are feeling a bit brighter.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2016, 08:21 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Pleased you have your car now Lynn but those jobs should have been done by them. Hopefully not too expensive a job re the boot. Fingers crossed Mark gets the job and that he soon will be in a position to rent. Safe journey to Essex.

Hope you get the washing dry today Moyra.

Windy but dry here. Teazle walked and beans picked and frozen. Hopefully it will stay dry so we can get out.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Good morning Moyra Lynn and all to come
Our turn for the rain Moyra chucking it down not that the muppets are bothered lol
Lynn rotten situation for Marc best wishes on the job interview glad no last min hiccups with the Dillon mobile
Brenda hoping your feeling not so down today hugs
Griff hope feeling better to
TW Nippy LG Sue hoping everything's ok with.you all
No catastrophes over the last couple of days just running around after other folk not that I mind shopping and daughter the getting locked out thankfully i'v a spare key
Nothing on the cards today just the usual
Hope all poorly human and furrys get better soon
Take care stay safe whatever your all up toxxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2016, 08:36 AM
Morning all.
Blowing a hooley here, well it was forecast, with rain due later.
Just the usual planned for today, with a bit of Olympics thrown in!
Moyra, funny how we get quiet days here isn't it.
Lynn, hope the car fits the biil and I hope you all have a good weekend
Morning Sue and Norma, enjoy your weekend.
Stay dry all x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Managed to get the girls out for a quick walk to the little park and a play with the ball, back home again, and the next ones out. We had a dry spell but was lucky I got them out when I did because the rains been back again most of the afternoon.
Forecast looking a little better tomorrow and I may well be able to get them out for a decent outing.
You'd think Zen would be at her most destructive with not going out yesterday, and a shorter one than usual today, but everything was fine when I took breakfast out, so not at all sure what the root of the destructive sessions are.
Brenda, hope you are feeling a little better today, you must be feeling upset, but I am hoping you find a member of one of the more advanced classes to help you with the baby class.
Not seen Griff about, and wondering what the news was from the doctors, and thinking of her.
Lynn, I don't know what to say to you regarding the Joel situation, you must be so worried about how its all going to end up. Glad to hear you got your car, but a little perturbed that they didn't see to the advisories and hoping they don't turn out to be a minefield. Got everything crossed this job interview goes well, because once he's got that, then everything else will follow.
Nippy, you can have the rain here if you want, then your garden will be well and truly watered.
Norma, have you got your wellies and waterproofs back out, then again you probably never put them away!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Hi Nippy yes, the quiet days come and go. As you say it is blowing a hooley out there. The rain has eased off but not for long I think. Steve went out to measure up a job and every road he took was grid locked. He says Essex is so bad now that he thinks we should move away and at last I cannot agree with him more.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2016, 03:41 PM
Well it looks like the landlady is going ahead with the new kitchen, no new cooker just my old one I bought about 7 years ago! We shall just have to see how it goes. It should start the beginning of September! God give me patience.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Pity you can't take yourself off somewhere for the week Moyra, a B&B that welcomes dogs and then Amber could come with you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Evening everyone back from Essex about half hour. Only advisories on the car and nothing major the gaitor boot won't be expensive and a new tyre not to bad.
Gorden isn't worried he says we will get the jobs done in the next month or so when he can take a long weekend off and it can be in the garage for a day or two.
Took it on it's maiden voyage to Essex I drove there Gorden back car drove like a dream. We feel very sure he is a genuine man and has said any problems to ring him.
Mark took Joel to the door. He said the smell still there not quite as bad but still a mess inside and he heard from step dad that the new baby is home so obviously they no longer check on the home before letting babies home unlike in my day. Donna apparently was her usual self uncommunicative and hardly spoke to Joel when he went in.
Mark said she looked really ill. We will wait and see what happens re: this NSPCC business Mark says no one has done anything yet because he knows as soon as that happens if it does he will get it in the neck regardless.
Joel says he will be over to visit again the weekend before school starts.
Mark had a text today he has his driving test booked for the 21st of September. So he hopes if he gets offered the job they will wait till he has hopefully passed his test.
His plan then rent a room till he can rent privately. He is at a wedding reception family of Lauren's so will come back late Monday.
Will miss having them around especially Joel when Mark is back Mark will miss him to and worry as he isn't round the corner for a while.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >