Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2013, 02:45 PM

Craziest Reason to go Vets?

Today I took Riley to the vets because his paws are green and flurry looking/feeling - I kid you not!

Please tell me I'm not alone in my crazy?????
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2013, 03:01 PM
What did the vet say?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
What did the vet say?
Yes, don't keep us in suspense ...... what was it?
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2013, 03:06 PM
What did the vet say?
They humored me and took sample (sticky-tape and slide) to put under microscope but the suggestion of moss did come up Waiting for results.

To be fair, it was also a chance for us to suss out new vets with a none-major issue especially after a recent bad experience! And it went well (they were lovely with Riley) so we know we'll use them again!

Still feel like a loon!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 03:23 PM
When we got our first puppy and I was left alone with him (husband had dogs previously so was more sensible) I ended up at the vet worried about a lump on his tummy - turned out it was his belly button. Vet did have a good laugh at that one.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Moss Never mind, as you say the vet was lovely and good with your dog so you know you can go there again.

I hope it didn't cost you too much though.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Not a dog, but a chicken I used to have lots of gorgeous free range chooks, and suddenly one developed a rather strange trait...........it could only go backwards I kid you not, everytime it tried to head somewhere it just kept going back, and it ended up right at the bottom of the garden where none of them tended to go normally. Sadly, the vet failed to hide his mirth when I took the poor lady in, and we never did find out the cause. She died sadly
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Moss? As in Riley had been treading in it and some got stuck to his paws, or moss as in Riley has it growing out of his paws?
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2013, 03:04 PM
i took phoebe to the vets once, just because i knew she was unwell. The vet struggled not to laugh when i said that she was happy eating drinking ect but i just knew she was ill. He gave her a quick check up more to put my mind at rest and found all her glands swollen. few test later she had a blood infection caused by a cut on her foot getting infected that i hadnt seen (phoebe will not happily let you look at her feet after having surgery on them)

i say if your happy to pay the bills take the dog to the vets for how ever small a thing it may seam
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Moss? As in Riley had been treading in it and some got stuck to his paws, or moss as in Riley has it growing out of his paws?
Treading in it!!! I think .... the later would be kind of disgusting!

Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
i say if your happy to pay the bills take the dog to the vets for how ever small a thing it may seam
I agree, I'd rather get him checked for what may seem like little things than wait and something sinister happen.

Turns out I'm not totally mental though, he does have some weird bacteria on his paws

Washing them with warm water and hibiscrub for a bit to see if it goes away - vet a bit confuddled!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >