Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Demonica88
New Member!
Female 

06-12-2007, 06:07 AM

Allergy? Or getting sick???

I don't know if this question has been poseted or answered.
Okay My jack Russell terrer kept my up all last night and early this morning because she was throwing up constantly and I don't really know what it could be.
I was searching online trying to find out what JRT's are allergic to.
Please if anyone has any ideas or knows whats wrong please let me know.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Why do you believe it's an allergy rather than something she ate or a bug she's picked up? Genuine Question!
Becky
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:33 AM
what has she eaten recently?? have you changed her food? is it bile? i would give her just water for 24 hrs (12 if she a pup) then feed little amounts of chicken and rice.
ATD xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Why do you believe it's an allergy rather than something she ate or a bug she's picked up? Genuine Question!
Becky
Have to agree. would be looking at something she'd eaten/bug first then if not that, might think of allergy. hope she's ok now
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:53 AM
For me allergy's are usually displayed by running eyes and noses and coughing, swollen parts of the body! rather than vomiting although that can happen so I'd always look to what they have eaten or a bug first.
If it's just vomiting then starve for 24 hours but make sure plenty of fresh clean water available.
Becky
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 11:36 AM
I have a JRT that is allergic to everything but it doesn't make him sick. It can make him itch and scratch and in some severe cases things have made his throat swell making it difficult for him to breathe.
I would say its more than likely a tummy bug and I would just give water today unless a puppy. Then start on something light little and often like chicken and rice.
Watch carefully for dehydration especially again if a pup as puppies can become dehydrated very quickly and need urgent vet attention.
If no better tommorow or it gets worse then a vet check is advisable.
Demonica88
New Member!
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
what has she eaten recently?? have you changed her food? is it bile? i would give her just water for 24 hrs (12 if she a pup) then feed little amounts of chicken and rice.
ATD xxx
Before I actually owned my JRT some other people had her they where giving her away. Well when I first had her she wouldn't eat her puppy food that came with her. So I was wondering on what to do then I noticed that she was fine with my uncles siberian huskys food so we left it at that.

Well recently we had to change her food to siberian husky puppy food since my aunt is staying with us a while.

and I thought it was an allergy cause that's what alot of web sites started saying as well as people.
She's totally fine on siberian husky food but its like she can't handle any puppy food.
the food that I normally give her is lame meal and rice. which I don't think contains wheat.
I also heard that JRT's are allergic to wheat but is that even true?
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:52 PM
it might be the change of food. how lon ago did u change it?
Demonica88
New Member!
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
it might be the change of food. how lon ago did u change it?
about two days ago and shes been throwing it up since everyone keeps tellling me thats what happens when shes not used to sertain foods but thats why i'm here I really don't belive that.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 09:02 PM
how are you changing it?? i would put her back on the old food and see how it goes. if she keeps being sick the you know its not the food if she doesnt then it is the food. you might as well rule it out
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >