Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2016, 07:51 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 2nd December

Good morning all,

Today's the day Horatio's babies are due, keeping my fingers crossed for a healthy litter. June, hope your back is better today.

Lynn, you must be pulling your hair out over Mark, lets hope he gets the van fixed and can move on.

Griff, are you feeling a lot better now?

Jenny and Brian hope you are managing to keep warm enough. You too Mandy, Brenda, Sue and Barry and of course Norma too and Nikki and Kazz.

Have a good day all, take care keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 08:03 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Yes Moyra can't go any greyer so now pulling out of hair is the only option left.
Hoping they will be here pretty soon to pick it up and get it sorted and he can collect it later today or first thing tomorrow. Needless to say he is worried they will find other bigger problems that will cost more always a worry with 2nd hand old cars but if that's all you can afford without debt it's how it has to be.
Hopefully it will be exactly what the RAC man said and easily fixed.

June hope there is news about the babies today and that all goes well.

How sad Andrew Sachs has died. (Manuel from Faulty Towers).

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2016, 08:30 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Fingers crossed that Mark's van is easily fixed and not too expensive.

Hope the pups arrive safely and on time June I expect you will be glued to your phone until all safely delivered.

Hope you are now feeling a lot better Griff.

Not o cold this morning but have overslept a bit. My dear son had to go up to London for an interview yesterday. Left here at 1.00pm plenty of time to get there for 3.30pm but not thanks to Southernfail (not a typo) From the local station caught the train on time but at Eastbourne was told train not going to London but wait for the next, that was cancelled. So from Eastbourne back to Hastings and then up to London Bridge he arrived at the interview at 4.30pm but had kept them informed of the problem. Coming home same thing no trains from Victoria so back to London Bridge even then some were cancelled and delayed so a 2 hour journey took him nearly 5 hours. He's got the job which is the main thing and will only have to travel up to London 2 days a week the rest he can do from home. The people who have to travel on Southern trains are now at breaking point but those in control do nothing. Sad state of affairs and now they want to put the price of a ticket up again words fail.

Sorry about the rant.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 08:32 AM
Morning Sue so frustrating for your son and all other travellers.
They are quick enough to put prices up and take your money then very reluctant to offer the service you have paid for.
They need a good kick up their proverbial.
Congrats on him getting the job.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 10:08 AM
No puppies as yet, she is restless and wanting cuddles so things are moving. I remember last time with Mabs ending up with her on my knee wrapped in a blanket, that was Friday, eventually the babies were born on Monday, she milked it till the last drop
Pleased to hear that despite Southern Rails best efforts he got the job, Sue
We need the same for Mark now. Have got everything crossed for him, Lynn. How is Gill after the new chemo by the way
Back is a lot better today thank you Moyra, I've not done any ceiling painting that's why, and I've got to make a start on it again.
Dull and overcast here, not cold though. Will get girls out in a while, then its shopping this afternoon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Exciting times June. Keep us updated please.
Will contact Gill later to see how she is.

Well no one turned up for the car yet I rang them at just gone 8 asking them to ring the home phone as signal is useless here on our mobiles.
So needless to say after hours of coaxing him to let the garage do it he is now restless and irritated and saying if they aren't here by 12 I will get the bits and do it myself.
He has told me I take over and he can sort things.
I would ring no point asking him he is so wound up just to give us an estimated time although Mark did say the receptionist said it would be morning.
He will be worrying about not being able to get to Westfield for this interview. Why can't anything be straight forward. I will be so annoyed if the garage lets him down we have put a fair bit of business their way and recommended them to him.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-12-2016, 10:45 AM
You would not get me going up to London for anything. Place is full of foreigners -tourists - pickpockets and scroungers. Who wants to sit in an overcrowded train or underground ? must want their heads examined. I just can't understand why my son wants to go there even for 2 days a week, he is self employed and can work anywhere, usually for a firm based where he lives in Brighton.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Unfortunately some have no choice they have to work where they can get it.
I will admit I wouldn't want to work or travel there. Our youngest son lives there and works there and loves it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Morning all
Lynn, hope the garage fetch the car quickly
TW, hope the pups put in an appearance soon
Sue...congrats to your son on the job and annoying about the train
Moyra, i am doing o.k thanks for asking
Tumbleweed, my brother lives in london...has done for the past 16 years, i have made it down there once to see him, it was a bit hectic for me Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Just rung on their way. Now he is moaning they won't get it done today might as well be doing it myself over the weekend.
Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh really hoping it's done later or by first thing tomorrow. Feel like banging my bl**dy head against the wall.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »