Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by talassie View Post
Now he has killed someone he probably feels he has nothing more to lose. And if he is still using steroids they may be fuelling his rage.
I doubt he has had access to steroids in the time he's been on the loose.

That said, I know a number of people who use them (bodybuilders) steroids are not meant for long term use - many people I know only take them for six weeks at a time before a competition to strip the body of fat helped along with a good diet and exercise regime, they are not designed for longterm use, though there is no doubt that people do use them for longer than is suggested, a friend of my hubby's has been using them for a long time now and is now in kidney failure. That said they have never effected his personality and he's never ever been aggressive in any kind of way - here's some info.

Increased aggressiveness is often claimed to occur with anabolic steroid use. Although itīs highly rare (less than 5%), significant psychiatric symptoms have been found in some steroid users, including aggression and increased violence, mania, and even psychosis. However, it must be noted that in the studies done without a control group, it can safely be assumed that naturally aggressive people simply just be more inclined to use steroids (type-A personalities, if you will). This would probably have an effect on possibly skewing the results. Certainly, if someone takes the risk to use steroids to improve their performance in a sport or their physique, they have certain aggressive traits. Can steroids enhance them? Possibly. Can steroids be to blame for anti-social, psychotic, "roid-rage" type behavior? Probably not. The evidence just isnīt there to support that.

In fact, a landmark study was performed which examined different doses of testosterone administration on men aged 20-50, who had a variety of experience with steroids from having used them previously to not at all prior to the study. A variety of psychological tests were performed at the outset of the study as well as at the end. What was found was that no participant in the study had become violent as a result of the testosterone injections they had been receiving, although some said they  felt more aggressive. This clearly indicates that there is a high level of control over possible violent or aggressive behavior that can result from steroid use. The researchers also noted that in terms of the psychological tests performed, some subjects showed little or no response to testosterone, with regards to psychological measures, while others experienced significant changes. Thus, general temperment clearly plays a large role in how one responds psychologically to steroid administration.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by talassie View Post
Now he has killed someone he probably feels he has nothing more to lose.
Well that's the crux of it really, and the whole reason they stopped capital punishment. But if they then execute themselves, and decide to do so earlier (or later) then nothing's changed.... a killing spree followed by another death.

I am not pro capital punishment at all - in fact my late grandfather was a policeman who as a lowly constable was unfortunately caught up in a very famous case, the "Let Him Have It" one, and as a result was passionately against hanging til the day he died.... and made very sure he passed his views onto his children and grandchildren. But back then people did not go on a spree and then kill themselves rather than be caught.

Catch him, get justice and let him rot in jail forever? or let him decide on closure by killing himself? Or have a trained professional close it with a bullet? I'm at a loss to know if there really is an honest moral solution.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 12:16 AM
A single shot has been fired...
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 12:38 AM
two shots fired and someone being loaded into an ambulance.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Sky sources reporting, he's dead.
welshgit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
How very naughty! Have to say, have loved watching the police dogs working

Not a Malinois, but here is my ex's current operational firearms GSD (wearing his camera)

stunning dog
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 07:59 AM
I managed to stay up and watch all the drama of today's early morning events. I only got about 4 hours sleep!

Thankfully Moat is dead without taking any more innocent lives.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I managed to stay up and watch all the drama of today's early morning events. I only got about 4 hours sleep!

Thankfully Moat is dead without taking any more innocent lives.
I agree M but I wonder just how much that little exercise cost
I'm afraid I feel the police should have just taken him out when they first found him. He had killed one and injured 2 ffs.
It would never have happened in the states.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I agree M but I wonder just how much that little exercise cost
I'm afraid I feel the police should have just taken him out when they first found him. He had killed one and injured 2 ffs.
It would never have happened in the states.
I'm with you Nippy 100%
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
I'm with you Nippy 100%
me too - I saw they also sent in food (possibly not courtesy of Gazza!!) That really annoyed me!
The guy needs food & drink - lets send out for maccie d's shall we, then we can all stand around waiting for a bit longer at the tax payers expense - probably something to do with basic human rights malarky!
Glad it's all over & no more innocent lives lost.

I wonder if he has family - he must be someone's son & that is sad for them.
Page 6 of 23 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »