Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Apparently people have been going on his FB account and leaving messages of support as well, some people are just sick
There are pages and loads of FB pages on him, some have even set up accounts using his name

What do people do this for? It's sick.

I hope no one gets hurt tonight, including Moat himself - I hope he gets to spend a long, long time in prison for what he has done!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I've been following it with great interest, especially the Sky News reports each afternoon when they're up there live.

I'm a bit mystified as to why we haven't sent in our SAS, assuming we still have them, or are they all out in Afghanistan I wonder??? Draft them back here, we need them!!!!

From what I'm hearing, it seems to me, the police are always far too behind in chasing up the enquiries. The holiday cottage, they didn't go there straight away, it took them until the next day and he HAD been there The car, another day late A few more which I can't remember, why does it take them so long with all those officers about, they should be investigating any suspiscious activities reported in immediately imo. If it wasn't for joe public I don't think they'd stand a chance, but then that's what two officers told me face to face about one of my enquiries the other week when I had them standing in my living room

I know a lot goes on behind the scenes, but for God's sake we are all here to help what the heck can be so classified that they can't let us in on it, we're here to help, and I doubt whether Moat is sitting watching Sky news somehow!
I think when you see the terrain the police have been faced with (it is VERY similar to here and is only about 35 miles as the crow flies), it is a very difficult task to search it all in a short space of time. The RAF and SAS were drafted in as far as I know. There will have been all sorts going on behind the scenes that Joe Public never sees.

Regarding the comment about him not watching Sky News I wouldn't bet on it, as he had at least three mobile phones who will no doubt be net enabled
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Poor Paula & her mum who is trapped in the house.
I hope this ends soon - it seems like a drama that isn't even shocking until you realise it is real life.
I missed this bit who is Paula and how did she and her mum get involved?
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
There are pages and loads of FB pages on him, some have even set up accounts using his name

What do people do this for? It's sick.

I hope no one gets hurt tonight, including Moat himself - I hope he gets to spend a long, long time in prison for what he has done!
much as I don't like to say it - why should he spend his life in prison with 3 square meals a day & a free roof over his head at our expense when an innocent man is dead because of him.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I missed this bit who is Paula and how did she and her mum get involved?
her mum's house was broken into by Moat on Tuesday & forensics told her it was Moat.(She has the same name as his ex or something) He is outside Paula's mum's house quite close & her mum tried to come out when the snipers told her to get in & get down. Paula was talking to the press clearly distraught about her mum who is frightened - and stuck in the house alone.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:29 PM
much as I don't like to say it - why should he spend his life in prison with 3 square meals a day & a free roof over his head at our expense when an innocent man is dead because of him.
It's been clear he couldn't hack prison, after spending only 9 weeks there!

Why shouldn't be get to spend the rest of his days in a place he hates.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:31 PM
My sensiments entirely! We know what he's done, there's no question that he could be innocent, he's evil, shoot him!

I fear something bad is gonna happen. This guy knows the police can do nothing all the time that gun is pointing at his own head, and he's now made his way around the corner, the police are trying to negotiate with him, but I fear he's going to do something awful, just coz he knows, they can do NOTHING all the time he's pointing that gun.....at himself! I hope something happens that they CAN just shoot him to stop him shooting somebody totally innocent!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:35 PM
I know it sounds too good for him but I've a feeling he would have to contend with the other prisoners who would feel hard nuts themselves it they sorted him out in prison.

her mum's house was broken into by Moat on Tuesday & forensics told her it was Moat.(She has the same name as his ex or something) He is outside Paula's mum's house quite close & her mum tried to come out when the snipers told her to get in & get down. Paula was talking to the press clearly distraught about her mum who is frightened - and stuck in the house alone.
Oh I see, thanks for that.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Oooh maybe I should switch over! (I am embarrassed to say part of the attraction is to try & spot the firearms squad's Malinois.... )
How very naughty! Have to say, have loved watching the police dogs working

Not a Malinois, but here is my ex's current operational firearms GSD (wearing his camera)

MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
How very naughty! Have to say, have loved watching the police dogs working
Not a Malinois, but here is my ex's current operational firearms GSD (wearing his camera)
Yes rather naughty, but dogs with jobs really do it for me And that pic is pure WOW.

Am disgruntled as I can't pick up Sky news on my freeview box. BBC news 24 on but from what's being said it's not as good as Sky's coverage.

It would be lovely to bring this man to justice, but if he's shot by the police I'd be just as happy. Not if he does it to himself though... it's the wrong kind of closure for the families involved.
Page 4 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »