Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2016, 12:12 PM

Go on you lot rub it in with your hot weather
Chucking it down here
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Ooooh dear, sorry Norma, but a scorcher here as well, maybe it'll be your turn tomorrow as its not made it up there as yet.
Bone run sorted, got home in time for Red Rock, everything bagged and in freezers or fridge now. Running out of freezer space so will be looking for takers over the weekend so I can make room. Still got 2 full shelves of pet mince in the tall freezer, great value for money it is, I bought 3 trays of 24lb each tray, 1 for each offer, and will definitely do that again.
Before I left I put the umbrella up for the girls and lit citronella candles and put them in hard to reach spots, barricaded by the house bricks I have picked up. I have also found where the bits of shredded wood have come from, Zen has started on the bottom board of the Big House, hadn't noticed as its been raining that hard there has been a build up of shavings along it. Once it had stopped yesterday and I had the hose on it all, there it was, revealed in all its finery, that too now has house bricks along it!!!
Lynn, hoping its the timing thats out, and one thing with the computer management system once you plug it in you can instantly see the problem and do whats necessary. Hate the whole thing with computer managed cars to be honest, but not much you can do about that these days as they all have it. Even mine, which is a Y reg has it, but what I found out when I had the memory problem with the computer, was that nobody had the right system that goes with it. My local garage seems to have it sorted though, and I was lucky enough to know someone who knew someone that had worked on these cars all his life and knew them inside out and back to front. Otherwise it would have gone for scrap I think, I shudder when I think of that 6 weeks I went through, I cried every night for a week at first I was so worried about the whole scenario.
Mandy, hoping your step dad can be operated on and restored to working order again, and very soon. Poor man, what a thing to do, makes it worse when you have no one to fall back on because you live a plane ride away. Glad York went well for you, because the weather here was dire. I love York, been a couple of times, never managed to get to the Viking exhibition. Went in York Minster when they were rehearsing for a musical evening and was enthralled by it.
I was wondering if they were bird scarers as well Harvey.
Nikki, hope Ben enjoyed his bath and co-operated, because otherwise that new hip will have a Baptism Of Fire!!! Sounds like the new meds are working for him as well. Plenty of undercoat flying around here, will bag it and send it to you and you can knit him a 'weave'
CM Yuck at the dried poo, thats happened to me once (not myself personally you understand) coudn't understand where the smell was coming from and tracked it down to the undercarriage right at Tawney's back end, she was most disgruntled when it was taken from her
Brenda, hope you are feeling a bit brighter today, I've got the curtains drawn at the front as the sun is on all afternoon till it sets in the evening. Sunshine always makes things seem better, would Sara not reconsider seeing how upset you are about it.
Moyra are you packing up your kitchen ready for the upheaval, I know what it was like when I had to box everything up when they were replacing my kitchen ceiling, I was doing a couple of boxes every day, chucking stuff out I'd forgotten I had, and no idea why I'd kept it in the first place. I had a little pyramid in the front room of boxes. THEN had to put everything back, and chuck more stuff out because I was fed up of the whole thing by then
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-08-2016, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hope Casey and lara are ok Harvey what a shame they are frightened of gunshots must be a bit of a nightmare where you live do they go off often and the crow scarers ?
It's because there is a big clay pidgeon competition around here next weekend, suspect they may be practising again tonight crow scarers are not so much of a problem, seems it's mostly sugar beet which I don't think the crows eat - I could be wrong about that -

I'm off for a siesta - it's the only thing to do in this weather see you all latter.

ETA;-
Shame about the car but as long as he fixes it properly then you can have faith in it.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2016, 04:31 PM
Well not going to littlehampton now as it is going to be hotter tomorrow and no shade by the sea. So lunch now at our local Miller and carter in their garden under an umbrella and just hope no wasps. June nope Sara won't change her mind. just hope Zen doesn't hurt her teeth chomping. Bfn Holby later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2016, 05:44 PM
No expect to hear from the builder next week, the I shall know what we have to do! until then shall wait on hearing from him.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2016, 06:12 PM
27 degrees in the car today. Yesterday I was moving soggy shavings and today I haven't had to put any fresh down at all, just skip out. They've all had a slice of melon for afters and are quite happy lay outside for a change. Of the 3 house bricks I put alongside the part of the Big House Zen has made a start on, I found one in the middle of the yard and the other two had been moved to make a V shape
It'll be nice to get off for a proper walk tomorrow without a coat and wellies.
Moyra, I hope he doesn't contact you the night before
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-08-2016, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Otherwise it would have gone for scrap I think, I shudder when I think of that 6 weeks I went through, I cried every night for a week at first I was so worried about the whole scenario..........................................
I was wondering if they were bird scarers as well Harvey.
Hello June, yes I remember when your car was giving you grief, engine management systems give me nightmares as well. There's no way I will have one of these cars which cuts the engine if you don't move for 10 seconds and starts it again when you release the brake. So there you (or I) are, stuck in traffic at spaghetti junction, foot on brake for 10 seconds and engine cuts out, release brake and engine does NOT start, much hooting as everyone around you tries to get past shaking fists and swearing. Sorry I just don't have that much faith in modern technology and I won't risk putting myself in that nightmare situation

Last night it was definately clay pidgeon shooters 'cos I could see the 'clay' going up in the air 'tho I couldn't see the shooters themselves because of the hedges. Tonight nothing so Casey & Lara are lying in the living room by the window to pick up on the very slight breeze which is blowing through

Yes, the farmers round here do use bird scarers but haven't heard any recently. The most frequent 'noise' is the RAF defence lads up at Honington camp who do rifle and machine gun practice nearly every day but we are far enough away that it is only 'background' noise. We do get the AWACS and big freight aircraft on the approach to the USAF at Mildenhall but again high enough to not intrude
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-08-2016, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Of the 3 house bricks I put alongside the part of the Big House Zen has made a start on, I found one in the middle of the yard and the other two had been moved to make a V shape
That's got me puzzled as well maybe it's an arrow pointing to the exit planning a walk without you maybe
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Mmmmm was thinking more on the lines of the V for Victory sign, just so she's let me know she can
Really warm here and everyone lay outside, so they'll be sleeping under the stars tonight.
Jeff is obviously back from holiday, because the bluddy dog is also back from wherever its been and has now been barking for 5 hours (that I am aware of that is) non stop.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2016, 09:06 PM
Evening everyone,
Am back from work. Am shattered tonight. I'm off to bed shortly.
TW I'm hoping to hear back from mum soon with better news of Ray. Bless him must be awful situation to be in. Hope the dog shuts up soon for you and his sake too
Lynn hope the car is ok
Hope everyone has had a good day.
I'm off to bed as I'm in at work at 8 in morning
Goodnight all
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >