Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2013, 01:54 PM

Anyone feed Iams - Look at this

http://www.iamscruelty.com/videos.asp
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2013, 02:34 PM

I don't feed it never would due to I had heard of these experiments plus I wouldn't feed it anyway having read the ingredients there's a lot better foods out there.

It was heart wrenching. But does need airing in my opinion to make people aware.
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Add anything by nestle, mars corporation, unilever, hills and probably plenty more to that list for more of the same.

Not limited to pet food either, avoid any product made by the above and proctor and gamble too.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm just getting video is currently unavailable
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Haven't read the link yet but if it involves cruelty add the likes of KFC too.

I'm not a great fan of stuff put out by PETA. But looked at some of it - quite sickening but I am a tad confused as to what IAMS are testing for in relation to their food?

*have just googled this and found an article about this that was published in the Sunday Express TWELVE YEARS AGO???? This article is easier to read and follow than the stuff on the PETA site.
http://www.uncaged.co.uk/iamsexpress.htm
Lucy Johnson, Sunday Express 27th May 2001.

An another report where Uncaged staged a 4 day demo against Iams at the Crufts Dog Show. (So obviously this hasn't just come to light?)

Is this still going on? It looks as if the Kennel Club haven't severed their connections with Iams even if others did.

*editing to say I am not disagreeing or anything (although I see the stories are in dispute on the web) but just really puzzled why I can find nothing newer than about 10 years ago about this? I assumed this had just hit the press. Seems not.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2013, 03:35 PM
This petition is more up to date - protest against Iams and Eukenuba. (But still speaks of the 'investigation' being 10 or 11 years ago.)

I'm wondering how many other mfrs of pet food might be complicit in this. Even those who claim they do not test on animals. Because many cosmetic companies say that when the truth is they use results and info gained by those who do.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2013, 03:55 PM
I was wondering too Pat why do they need to do these tests.
Especially the muscle and bone density is it to see how the muscle and bone grow if feeding this particular food ?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2013, 03:59 PM
I have only just been sent this by one of my puppy owners ( a fellow raw feeder) so was unaware of how old it was.
I would never feed Iams or Eukanuba anyway as it is quite literally akin to feeding brick dust as all the 'vitamins' either cancel each other out or are destroyed in the cooking process.
With raw you know what you are getting.
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2013, 04:09 PM
It doesn't matter how old the tests and investigations were.

Iams is manufactured by proctor and gamble.
The BIGGEST animal tester of all the multi national companies.

They are 100% still animal testing all their products and IF iams isn't being animal tested anymore you can bet the money from sales of iams will be going towards animal testing new or improved other products like cosmetics.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Pepe's breeder actually recommended the stuff and he came with a free sample! I had heard about what goes on and changed him pretty quickly.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >