register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Oh Linda so sorry that Loki is still having them and the dire rear as well. I'm told Slippery Elm is good, not sure whether Loki can take Canikur which are also good if they will eat them. When all the babies were poorly that time I was giving them out like they were treats and they loved them, tried Keshi on them now she will eat, and she had 2 halves and ate them. A bit later on offered her another half, she took it, dropped it, and Cariad ate it so something I will have to try and give her on her own I think!!!
big hugs to Loki and hope he comes out of them soon and the post ictal stage isn't too horrendous for you. Naughty Carys and her friend, nice to hear about the tour and the church bells though, my communion classes were very serious.
Thanks for everyone's good wishes and thoughts for Keshi, I swear that is what has helped pull her through..
No idea at all what has caused this as she hasn't been anywhere different than Lona due to being in season
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2013, 11:35 AM
I've just come back from a lovely walk with the dogs and my OH. The boys obviously don't think it was for long enough as they are as I type chasing each other around the house A really mixed sky here .... very dark in one direction and lovely blueish sky in the other ... so anything could happen.

Norma - I hope you have a better day after your very unsettled night.
Moyra - Enjoy your day .. whatever you decide to do. Weather a complete unknown here too.
Mini - I hope the weather holds for your day to continue as it started .... you've certainly got a lot done so far.
Nippy - I can't tell you how many times I've lost my posts. I now 'copy' them (Ctrl C) every few lines so that if I lose the post I have saved most of it and can then (Ctrl V) and paste it back on. Lucky you with the sunny weather.
June - So relieved that Keshi is feeling better and hopefully she'll produce a 'decent poo' for you soon so that she too can go out for walks again. Are you planning on keeping one of the pups this time ... I do hope so.
I'm hoping I do have a quiet weekend this time but as you so rightly say my plans often go astray .
Bev - It will be difficult for Charly and Ash to readjust but Charly is still so young and will soon adapt to life back home .... it won't be for very long in the grand scheme of things.
Joedee - Glad you are feeling OK today and enjoy your lunch out.
Girliebiker - I removed the pic when I changed my name. I will put one back on sometime as it looks a but dull without one. Enjoy your weekend.
Malka - Pereg's habit of getting you up just when you've gone to bed must be driving you round the bend. I think its called 'so*s Law' Have a little whisper in her ear and see if that makes any difference Enjoy your day and I hope its a peaceful one although I suspect those wretched contractors will still be making a racket.
Lynn - I think all the last minute nitty-gritty is always a pain but should be sorted out fairly quickly. I think its quite unusual for sceptic tanks to be removed. We had an old one at our last house and when we did some building work we threw all the rubble in it.
L.S. - OMG poor Loki and poor you. I am so sorry and it must be even harder that he's got a poorly tum too as a result of his fits, instead of bouncing back as he normally does ... I am so sorry . Everything crossed that he is OK. That's good that the communion class is fun for Carys and her friend ... that's how it should be ... unless they were the only ones laughing
Lore - You sound as busy as ever Enjoy your day and I hope you get everything done.

See you all later.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2013, 01:01 PM
So very sorry to read about Loki, it must be very upsetting for you both

June I'm sorry there is no room left on my line but I will pop round tomorrow and fetch yours It seems to be drying quite well.

I had several pots of violas in the spring they gave a lovely show. Then they self seeded everywhere. So today I have been around gathering up all the seedlings and have potted up 3 tubs for the winter, hehe I feel quite pleased with that. Some are already in bud.
I have also been around armed with envelopes and a pen and collected seed for next year. I have got Poppies, Nicotiania, Cosmos and Antirrhinum. There will be some French Marigolds soon too but my back wouldn't allow me to stoop anymore!
A bee/wasp not sure which got angry with me and stung me. I now have a large, red, stinging thumb
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Oh Jenny poor you, that's painful, do take care.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Is there anything you can put on it Nippy, you aren't having much luck at present are you.
Am putting some t shirts on Jackie's line, but I'm in the process of cleaning the bathroom so the bath mats will be going in for you to hang out tomorrow.
Stopped for a bit of something to eat, and I still haven't gone for lpg, it was on the red yesterday when I got lost in the roadworks, so need to get over there at some point.
Keshi had some steamed chicken breast for lunch with bio yogurt and cottage cheese, I cut it into small pieces and she ate the lot. No messes up to now. Poked my head out to check on proceedings, and she looked up guiltily - because she was lay with her mother, eating her mother's bone!!!!
I am leaving her to it, I am assuming it is OK as Cariad is letting her soooo here's me doing Cordon Canine cookery for her, and she's eating bones
Mabs has installed herself back into the sleeping bit of the big kennel and is guarding it against all comers, so getting back to normal here.
Haven't taken them out as I don't want anything else to happen this week because I don't know what has caused this and am still playing a waiting game as far as the others are concerned.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2013, 01:29 PM
I put some vinegar on it but it didn't really help I ran it under the cold tap and it is feeling better now.
Pepsi would love some of Keshi' fish if there is any left. She will kill for a piece of fish
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Nippy - my grandmother always use to swear by a cold compress on the sting site and then smearing honey on it which of course has antibacterial properties in. This is what we use to do when we were kids. I know vinegar is for either wasp or bee stings ... but not both I hope your poorly thumb doesn't hurt too much. Maybe you do need a walker with a seat on then you wouldn't have to bend down so far.
June - Surely Keshi could have eaten anything by the river bank (or in the river). Is she a scavenger normally I shouldn't think you'll ever find out what it was but thank goodness it hasn't spread to the other girlies.

I put some towels out earlier to dry and they are as wet as they were when I put them out. Virtually no sun here and the air is damp. Whoever has nicked all the sun, can they please send a little of it this way please.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Jenny I believe it's vinegar for a wasp and bi-carbonate of soda for a bee.
It's not stinging now but still red and swollen.
You can have the sun back when my washing is dry
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Joedee hope you are feeling better and thank you for the bit of information about the septic tank.
jenny its in next doors garden so I don't think they would be too pleased if we chucked rubbish in it. It would be handy though.
Ouch Jenny hope the sting is feeling better now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Keshi says Pepsi can have her fish with pleasure, AND the cooked chicken cos she wants 'normal' food and she's not allowed. She's tried looking forlorn, unloved, the big eyes, everything she can think of, and still having steamed fish for tea AGAIN
Been for lpg and the ring road to Bolton was standing traffic, took me over half an hour to do a 3 mile journey.
When we got to what had caused it, 3 police cars blocking 2 lanes because there was an overturned car and another damaged one a bit further on.
I was asking when I got to the lpg place what the taxi drivers were saying had happened (all the taxi drivers come there for their lpg as it is the cheapest) and apparently it was some lads in the car that was damaged had hit the one that overturned. The woman driving it was 38 weeks pregnant and rushed to hospital. How awful, she was probably doing last minute baby shopping, I really hope she is OK. Feel guilty now for moaning
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »