Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 06:02 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

*wades through empty wine bottles* I seem to have missed the party last night in here

Dave got back ok last night and I had to pop up to the park to see if the lady staying in the van last week wants to stay another week, cos I haven't filled a cancellation. They were sitting outside on the patio drinking wine, and had thoroughly enjoyed themselves this week. She's going to think about popping back home today to sort out her builders and will let me know this morning whether or not she can come back for a 2nd week which would suit me fine, I don't like it empty. So I will either be doing a changeover or I won't, depends what she says.

I'm taking Dave up there with me this morning as he's going to blast the outside of it with his pressure washer to smarten it all up as we never had a chance to do it from the winter grime. He can also mow the lawn cos that's gone mad, I only mowed it a week ago and it's already 6" long again, but that's my fault for chucking all that fertiliser at it.

Jenny, I do hope your son gets his scan when he goes back into hospital, but being the week-end, don't hold yer breath hey. Can't you enquiry at a local private hospital where they have one, they sometimes have slots, where they do a cheaper price. I got my head scan for £200 at a Bupa hospital cos I got fed up with waiting for the NHS to give me one when I banged my head badly a couple of years ago? It's gotta be worth a try. Anyway, hugs for you again today I hope you don't have a traumatic week-end ahead.

Lynn, nice relaxing day for you today I hope, you should even wake up nice and relaxed after chilling out on the wine last night.

TM hope your Taff is alright today after woofting down the cob, I can't believe he did that

Pat, hope you've fully recovered from your funny turn with those pills, it sounds to me like you had an allergic reaction, so it could have been worse. It wasn't me who said to work through it either Hope you're ok today, must have been scarey.

Linda, hope Loki is over his last bout of fits and same goes for you Malka with Pereg.

Can't remember anymore, and my apologies in advance that I will be totally awol today cos Dave's home and I've decided to stay off the puter for 2 days a week now. It seems to be working, so I'm going with it

Have a great week-end everyone, hope all is well with you and the doglets and that the sun will shine the whole week-end through (that's a bit ask isn't it!).
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Morning Helena and all to follow. Glad you are sticking to your idea to keep the weekend free for Dave. Think it will do you both good. I do hope that lady decides to have another week that will save you the changeover.

Lynn
I haven't read back yesterdays yet so I do hope all went well with your mum's change over. So at this point not sure whether the wine was for commiseration or celebration last night, I hope the latter.

Everyone else, I hope in the light of the morning all your problems seem less like a mountain to climb and just another hiccough to get over. Do take care everyone, Off to take Steve to the chiropractor although to be honest could do with some treatment my self the way my back is paining me this morning. God bless. Moyra
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2013, 06:44 AM

Do not look at me - the boozin' was way after I was in bed so the bottles were not mine, but ohmyearsandwhiskers what only went on when I checked this morning - dear dear oh dearie me. Good thing you and I were well out of it!

Pat, that episode sounds absolutely horrid, and you do not even have the excuse of being tiddly. I remember once "waking" on the kitchen floor having done a similar, and everytime I tried to move I just threw up again and again, and that was nothing to do with being tiddly or a reaction to a pill - never did find out what caused it but it was extremely scary.

Da Booga had a fairly good night - asked to go out once then when I needed the loo a bit later she decided she would go for a pee as well. I am still on seizure-watch though as she was extremely fidgety yesterday evening. It was very hot during the night as well so I was grateful for the air-con, and my new pillow seems to be a lot better than the myriads of different types of pillows I have tried over the years.

Hope Jenny's son gets the scan today, but why else would they want him back if they had not booked it?

Cannot remember who/what else, but hey guys, do not forget that it is another Steam Mop day 'cos it is the first of the month!

Have a good day everyone and I hope the sun shines for you all. xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Hi all.
Yes Paul is back in, shame he wouldn't stay there really.
Malka he is being fitted in when ever they can thats why they wanted him there on standby. Bloomin nuisence glad da Booga had a reasonable night
Have a good weekend H with the lovely Dave.
Morning Moyra, hope you are well.
Pat I hope to goodness you are well this morning after that fall. Take care. Sorry I missed it yesterday
I'm going to washup what was left from last night and then sit in the sun
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Morning H and all,

Charly had a lovely surprise last night when Ash came back at 11.30pm. He wasn't really allowed to leave to come back but I think the new recruits he is training have been driving him mad and he needed to escape and of course wanted to be with Charly. She was over the moon to see him as you can imagine.
I now have all his uniform and other washing drying out on the line so he can take it all back clean on Sunday .

Lily and I had a lovely long walk this morning and she is now crashed out on the sofa.
I need to visit Mr Tesco and go to home bargains for bird food. Later I will take Lily to PAH to get her food. She loves going there as they always give her a biscuit.. Must get that grass cut today as well.

Malka I am glad pereg had a good night and I hope the monster stays away now. Does the heat affect it?

Jenny I hope your son gets his scan today. Thinking of you all.

H I hope you have another good weekend with Dave.

LL hope your back eases soon.

Hope everyone else is ok, take care, enjoy the nice weather while it lasts and have a lovely weekend.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Morning all

Lovely morning here

Had some fun last night,opened the front door to go out and a strange cat shot straight in the house It ran upstairs and went into Luke's bedroom,took us ages to catch it

Then just as we got back we had the other cat that visits from time to time turn up and follow us in the house Hubby gave it some ham and off it went,they are brave cats as my two are not keen on cats

Got to pop over to see the old lady neighbour this morning and have a lady coming this afternoon to pick up the old fire.
Then off to a BBQ tonight at the local,should be fun
Have Lizzie's friend sleeping over too,she's dumped her b/f again,he's been up to his old tricks again.

Take care all and have a good day x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Morning everyone late on parade today.
I woke up at around 4'ish to go to the bathroom took a bit of time to get back to sleep then next thing I know its gone 7 then its 8am Dillon gave his very gently huff bark type thing moving mum must of worn him out too.

Moyra mum is in now.
Good luck with your son I wonder if they would do a buy one get one free for you.
Jenny I hope your son gets that scan today and they can tell you what's going on so you know what you are dealing with. You can't move forward I feel till you know what it is that's going wrong.
I hope you fill that spare week Helena and enjoy your weekend with Dave I will be on and off during the weekend.

We hope mum has had a good night and it wasn't too noisy as it is a small home they tend to have the dementia patients mixed in with the non dementia nursing patients. Also they said she was going on a turning chart as she has the starting's of a pressure sore on the base of her spine. That would be disturbing too.
I have to ring today to set up her newspaper delivery so will enquire what sort of night she had. She has to stay there if she can as there is nowhere else in her price range in her home town. One of the ladies visiting her mum said one of the homes I was considering but hadn't visited because it was £1000 a week said it was awful and it smelt this home doesn't. Plus I cannot do again what I have already done three times in the space of a year.
It was a shame we couldn't fit her little fridge Gill and I bought her for Christmas in her room she has her cream cakes kept in there and her sauces for her meals.
They do have a fridge in the dining room for staff and patients and they label everyone's bits.
She may change rooms at some point so that may mean she can have it back but of course we don't know when that is likely to be.
I am shopping today which I should of done yesterday.

Have a nice safe Saturday all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Well I certainly missed the party here last night - I shouldn't have left so early I'm sure someone will clear the mess up shortly as all those empty bottles are quite a hazard. My OH drew the short straw and dropped our younger son at Heathrow for 05.40 (he's gone to a stag weekend in Edinburgh) .... I can't think of anything worse but I'm not a bloke or young I didn't go back to sleep until just before 7 and when I did wake up felt as though I was crawling through treacle

Overcast (which unfortunately is the forecast here for the day) but due to be up to 20 degrees. So I can still leave the back doors open for the dogs which will be lovely.

Helena - I hope you get the phone call to say they want to come back for another week, which would be ideal. I hope you have a lovely weekend with Dave and Zena .... I assume those new doors will go on this weekend .... or was that for last weekend (?) but do be careful with your back/neck as you have been doing so well with it.
Moyra - Could you not ask the chiropractor to have a quick go with your back too if there's time - I'm sure it would be money well spent. I hope this session sees Steve's back sorted ... although chiropractors are renowned for making multiple bookings Take care of yourself and I hope Amber is a good girl for you if you get out for a walk.
Malka - What a relief that Pereg had another good night Hopefully you'll be able to relax a little and lessen the degree of 'seizure-watch' before long - it must be exhausting. ((hugs))
Nippy - I hope they find a slot really quickly (most MRIs are used 6 days a week and at some hospitals 7 days a week due to the high demand). Poor man must be so scared and desperate to find out what is causing his symptoms. My love and thoughts are with you Jenny that the scan results are good. (((hugs))).
Pat -So sorry to hear about your fall ((hugs))
I hope any poorly dogs or people are feeling better today and all of our worries lessen. Enjoy our day and see you later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 08:07 AM
I took so long posting my post just now due to wandering off to make another coffee etc etc that three of you snuck in .... hardly surprising
Bev - Glad you enjoyed your walk with Lily and I hope you get everything planned done today. What a lovely surprise for Charly to see Ash.
Sal - Maybe the cat use to live in your house hence it running straight upstairs What a shock you must have had seeing it and how brave of the cat
Lynn - Your Mum may have not slept brilliantly in her new surroundings but I'm sure she'll soon settle in. I think its very difficult on the elderly suddenly up-routing them in to a new place .. not that you had a choice and rest assured she will be well looked after. I hope you can relax this weekend and maybe get a nap after Dillon waking you so early.

I've just taken a cup of tea in to my OH so it's possible more of you will have posted If so I'll catch up later.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Morning

Party? What party? And who put the sun back in the box?

Not sure what we're up to today - we have all these grand plans and ideas and rarely achieve them.

Have a lovely day everyone - I'm off to take Loki out in a sec. (Still fit-free so they are definitely over .)
x
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »