View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Luna has 3 tags on her collar. 1 with her name and my mobilenumber, 1 with the reg.no for the area I live (is now required, so we can rat (sp?) about who's dogpoo isnt collected and who's dog wlaks off lead in between the blocks) and the 3. is a tag from the dog registery (sp?) where her chipno is registered.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-10-2004, 04:41 PM
water is a good way to separate fighting dogs.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Never put a dogs name on it's collar just your surname - or any one trying to steal the dog will know it's name !
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Jas could do with a new tag so I'll alter his when I get his new one.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2004, 07:55 PM
On my girls collars I have my surname then my phone number. Sal has a tag that is green and sys I am identity chipped please scan me. It came when she was microchipped with the papers that folow. Tess never got one I rang and was told thye had stopped them
Only time one of mine is loose without a collar or lead is when Sal is doing agility - they can't wear collars. So we use a slip lead easy to use.
Karen
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2004, 09:33 PM
max has chipped and our phone number on his tag so a thief would possibly spend a while calling chipped at him but to be fair he is quite daft so he may answer..
yes just called chipped and he came trotting in!
faye
Dogsey Junior

23-03-2005, 04:54 PM
i walk my dogs of the lead and have never had a problem, they play in the stream and climb up the cliffs and are not intrested in other dogs they do wear colars and if road walking they wear leads
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Charlie has his name on his tag,if a theif wanted to take him I don't think not knowing his name would prevent it but if he was lost and someone found him I'd hope them knowing it would help
it also has our postcode and phone number plus "chipped"
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2005, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by Staffy
It's illegal Jen to walk any dog in a public place without an identification tag,

I wouldn't dream of walking Jas without a collar and lead.
well thats me braking the law then as non of mine have a tag on they are all chipped and have collars on but no name tag
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2005, 09:10 AM
Just read my posts here

I wanna say that if I see a dog coming towards us and Luna's off lead and collar, I'll take a few treats in my pocket and then she'll walk in a heel untill we've passed the other dogs.

These days the only times Luna doesnt have a collar on is when she's bathing in lakes, at the beach and if she plays with other dogs at training as she wears a choke collar at training. I've heard some scary stories about dogs getting stuck in choke collars during play....

The places I have Luna without a collar is NOT near any roads or shops or things like that. Its in open green areas where u can see for miles. If we go shopping or walk near a road, Luna's on leash.

I do have a tag on her collar, saying she's chipped, but dont have her name tag on anymore. Besides we dont have a yard or something, so she couldnt run away.

Once in the center, I was in shopping, had tied the dogs (Bella and Luna) outside the supermarket. Apparently Luna's leash got off the hook, but she didnt run away, nooo she just stood there waiting for me to come out. She KNEW where I was.... I was scared and shocked when I saw it, my heart still beat a bit faster just thinking of it, but I know she would never run away from me.
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8