View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2007, 04:10 PM

Maggies poorly and upset at the vets (mini schnauzer)

Well I can't believe how the days gone. Started off well at work I've trimmed the cutest little poodle puppy in a scissor trim and was feeling very chuffed with myself then mum rang, Maggies poorly, being sick a lot. So I finish up and drive in to take mum and Mags to the vet thinking she'd have a jab of antibiotics and on our way. Well whilst waiting she was sick again making it around the 9th time (she'd gone an hour ok so mum thought she was over the worst) and on the vet table squitted blood/mucus/mess. We couldn't believe it and the vet immediately said they wanted her to stay in and have a drip etc so we signed the form and handed her over,mum getting a little teary at this point. We went into reception and about to leave when I remembered i had done a new grooming advert/poster so could i replace the old one, stood talking with the nurse who is also a friend then the next minute hear a skitter of paws and Maggie comes flying out the room and made a beeline for the OPEN front door on to the main road, i grabbed her quickly as the other nurse was flailing around and would never have managed to catch her in time, i handed her back somewhat open mouthed in shock and no apology just a 'oh you had me scared there' Had YOU scared?!!!! that would have been the end of her had we not still been there by chance, i can't believe it we thought we were handing her into the best care possible and this happens, its got me mithered now, what happens when they take her out to toilet, will they be careful? All this upset and it would have been Maggies first champ show this Saturday so we have a poorly little girl with a shaved leg. i'm gutted but just hope she's back home soon, very soon so please send healing vibes to our little lady.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2007, 04:19 PM
oh so sorry to hear this sending healing vibes from my lot
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2007, 04:25 PM
healing hugs to Maggie....thoughts to you all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Hoping Maggie is home and well soon.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Awww I hope she's ok and home soon, how stupid for them to nearly loose her like that! I'd have kicked up a right fuss!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2007, 07:11 PM
i would have said some thing i don't think i could have held back.
dog being admitted because its ill........run out and get hit by a car etc, what kind of safety do they have in place.
glad you was there to stop her, and hope shes better soon, give your mum a hug we all know how it feels.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm Sorry Maggie is unwell.
Sending healing vibes for Maggie and hugs for you and your Mum xx
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Chris good job you were still there...... think i would have had a word or three to say about that!!!!!
(((((cocker hugs))))))) for both of you
kitty xxx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Hope she is better soon, and i would DEFINATELY mention the lack of care which may of resulted in serious problems if YOU hadnt been there!
Dawn.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
i would have said some thing i don't think i could have held back.
dog being admitted because its ill........run out and get hit by a car etc, what kind of safety do they have in place.
glad you was there to stop her, and hope shes better soon.
I would of done the same. I certainly couldn't of kept my mouth shut and it wouldn't of been the first time I've blasted a vet surgery for undue lack of care or attention

I hope Maggie starts to feel better soon. Hugs to you and your Mum xxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >