View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 11:18 AM

Our new little Holiday Home in the forest!

Well, we took over the new holiday home yesterday, it has been put on it's little spot, we have a great big plot with trees, nothing overlooking us, except one neighbour, and the forest walks are just at the top of the road from our van, a 1 minute walk!!! Perfick, just perfick!! We get the sun along the side and in our garden all afternoon and evening, and Dave will be busy fencing off the whole plot next week-end (he doesn't know it yet though!!!! ) Oh, the dogs will be in heaven!

I'm going to wait to have the decking done, coz that's another 4 grand, and the fencing is far more important atm!

It's all so lovely and new and clean, although it's not of course, new I mean. I can't show you the double bedroom it has coz I'm replacing the mattress in there and couldn't make up the bed all nice and fancy! Lol! Oh, I just love it, I could have moved in there in a flash yesterday when I walked in, but Dave brought me home again I've always loved caravans, but this is like a blooming house inside, it's huuuuge, so I'll be spending lots and lots of time up there all summer long with friends and the dogs, and Dave will be left home alone enjoying the peace and quiet!

This is it from our garden, which is the whole area where the trees are at the front:

This is inside: One door open, and see how much sunshine we get in there!

The lounge taken from the kitchen area to the front:

The cute little twin room!

The view up the road: Only that one neighbour, and they're not often there

Then at the top of the road, is the big statue thingy, with this glorious view of our future walks!

This is the entrance to the forest itself, which is adjacent to that view, and it will only take 2 minutes to walk to it!

They're even put a map of it at the entrance, for people like us!!!

Oh, I'm in heaven, and I just know I've done the right thing, the minute we walked in there yesterday I'll be letting this baby out most of the summer to recoup my outlay plus all the shopping that's gone with it, but that was the best part! All dogsey folk and their dogs welcome when I get the adverts done and the booking chart ready, coz I've been sooooo busy shopping!!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 11:52 AM
That looks great, any idea how much it would be a week with two dogs, I know some people who might like to come down
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks Chaz, and I'm still on the case with prices atm! I'm definitely going to restrict it to four peops and dogs, rather than the 6 that it sleeps, and although they said I can get £650 a week in peak season, but I'm aiming at £500 during the school hols, that's my main ambition for the time being, to fill those weeks up, then I can let all the other weeks go at well under £20 a night, and won't charge for the doglets, which some of them do I need to bear in mind that I'm going to have to fork out for the electricity, gas and the cleaning, but once that's coverered, I'm all for having it occupied as often as I can, and if it's only one person going, if they offer to clean it at the end and change the beds, it'll be really cheap for those!! Same goes for couples and even four, when it's OUT of that peak season, coz that'll be my actual earner, I'd feel a lot more comfortable knowing I'm getting that annual rental back for the site pitch which is over £3K a year, which is quite a hefty lump to find each year I think for a bit of peace and quiet!

I'll be pm'ing you when I'm up and running proper coz of course, I'm not allowed to advertise on here, but I'm sure I can point people to my own website in my profile, I think that's allowed?! I'll have to check that one out.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 12:36 PM
H it looks fantastic

All I've got to do now is convince my hubby that it isn't too far to drive for a holiday!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Oh it isn't Jen, afterall, we drive down your way for a holiday don't we! Imagine what it's going to look like when all those trees are covered in leaves, I'm sure they're very late this year for some strange reason. Mo would love it in the forest, and you'd have it all to yourselves, coz most of these people only come up for rare week-ends, it's not like those parks where they constantly have change-overs for bookings, this is purely for owners use, except that they are allowing me to rent mine!

You'd laugh, when they told us we can use the facilities of their head office park which is only a mile up the road, we stopped off on our way home just to check it out, and boy, were we impressed!!! An indoor swimming pool, a fantastic gymnasium with about 50 different machines, a massive big country house with bars and restaurants, log cabins dotted along the top of the hill, overlooking rolling countryside, tennis courts, fishing lakes, oh it was amazing........... and then I realised when I told the receptionist we would be popping in to use the facilities coz we'd just bought a unit down the road .......... it was Crowhurst Park and not Coghurst I thought it was a bit "up market" We'll be going there anyway, coz they said we could, and I can always say I've forgotten the paperwork to prove our purchase down the road!!!! Oh we did laugh Jen
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Wow! It looks lovely! Mike is a huge caravan fan! And although he can't drive, keeps saying that we should get a campervan so I can drive us places while he watches his DVD's with Kia in the back! I'm not sure how fair that arrangement would be though!! Good luck with the renting. In a location like that I'm certain you'll have no problems at all!!!

Sarah xoxox
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Very nice

Hope you get lovely weekends away....Heaven
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Looks great! I am another one who would be interested if you will take 3 dogs?! And would only want maybe a wkend out of season.

Wishing you many happy times in your caravan xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah & Mike View Post
Wow! It looks lovely! Mike is a huge caravan fan! And although he can't drive, keeps saying that we should get a campervan so I can drive us places while he watches his DVD's with Kia in the back! I'm not sure how fair that arrangement would be though!! Good luck with the renting. In a location like that I'm certain you'll have no problems at all!!!

Sarah xoxox
Lol at your Mike, Sarah, he's got the right idea there, and once you get to "wherever", then you'll be able to join him in the back with Kia!!! Check out your "local" area maybe I drove yesterday, coz the sun was shining and it's quite a nice drive, all major roads, no hold-ups, 70mph most of the way and it only takes just over an hour, unlike if we had bought one in the other direction, I think the journey might have been quite a different story

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Very nice

Hope you get lovely weekends away....Heaven
Thanks Lou, it sure did seem like a bit of heaven yesterday with the sun shining, and if it rains, well, we just won't go that week-end!

Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Looks great! I am another one who would be interested if you will take 3 dogs?! And would only want maybe a wkend out of season.

Wishing you many happy times in your caravan xx
Thanks honeysmummy, and the way things are going, I think we're gonna have to name this new van "the dogsey gang", and if you're prepared to don the Marigolds on your final day, I'll certainly do you a good price! Dogs don't worry me, it's only the amount of humans booking!!! Obviously, because of MY contract with the site, I only want people like us who are responsible dog owners so that I know for sure, they won't let me down by picking up their dog poo and keeping them under control (ish!) It's constant barking that isn't allowed, it's classed as a nuisance, so I'm going to have to shut Georgie up somehow coz he will think he owns that bit of road in front of us, then Zena will copy him as she always does and I'd hate to shove them back indoors in solitary!!! Anyhoo, I intend to wear them out with a good, long walk in that forest before I let them lie out in that garden whilst we enjoy our breakfasts! Oh it's gonna be just heaven, and to think, this could happen every week-end while the weather is good I wonder what I've done to deserve all this then??!!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Looks lovely H you can go ahead and PM me the details too and I will persuade my chauffer that it's not too far to drive.

I love caravans I do, think I was a traveller in another life.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >