Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 05:33 PM

MSN nightmare

Can someone help please!

I have a messenger account but rarely use it. My two kiddies have been home recenly and have been using MSN on my pc and since then, my account signs in automatically...how do I stop this?

I've tried going to my accounts in control panel and deleting the NETpassport thingy. It does delete but reappears again, I suppose because I use my hotmail mail account. I've even tried deleting the MSN programme but it's not listed in control panel, I suppose cos it's part of the Windows xp package?

AAHHHRRRG HELP
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Before you click 'sign in'-untick the box which says "sign me in automatically" and it will then need telling to connect.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 05:36 PM
As soon as it starts to log you in click no, thats what i do It comes up giving me the option as it's signing in x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Before you click 'sign in'-untick the box which says "sign me in automatically" and it will then need telling to connect.
Snap, you must type faster than I do
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Where is the 'sign in' box? I don't normally click anything, it just signs in automatically without me opening anything. Thanks BTW
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by pod
Where is the 'sign in' box? I don't normally click anything, it just signs in automatically without me opening anything. Thanks BTW
Do you mean it is signing you in as on-line right away?

If it is just change this to Offline -click where your username is at the top lefthand side and then a box should appear - if you choose the 7th option down - it should be appear offline and then click it. When you are signing in again it should then give you the option of doing what Steve said and unchecking the box which says sign me in automatically at the bottom.
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Do you mean it is signing you in as on-line right away?
Yep

If it is just change this to Offline -click where your username is at the top lefthand side and then a box should appear - if you choose the 7th option down - it should be appear offline and then click it. When you are signing in again it should then give you the option of doing what Steve said and unchecking the box which says sign me in automatically at the bottom.
I've tried this Foxy. Everytime it reverts back to signing in automatically without me even opening it ...Thanks
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Hah, I think I may have cracked it. I've signed my account out and tried to sign in with my daughter's (I suppose mine would have worked the same) email but using the wrong password, and checked 'sign in automatically'

Just rebooted and hey presto, no MSN! Thanks for the hint at checking the 'sign in' box!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Ok glad you got it sorted
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 08:42 PM
:smt010 back to square one! As soon as I log into my MSN groups or email, the messenger reverts back to automatically sign in, even though I haven't checked the box.

I can't see any way to delete my messenger account......any ideas?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >