Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2010, 09:42 AM

The oddest thing.

Have put this here as it is a behavior thing.
If wrong feel free to move it.

Ollie yesterday and this morning has not wanted his breakfast immediately I get up but has eaten it much later.

Last night and the night before he has barked when we have gone up too bed last night he wanted too eat grass so I let him out he came straight back in and settled. The night before he wanted me to sleep for a while downstairs after an hour I went up too bed and he was fine, he is allowed upstairs but chose not too come up there.

The strangest thing was though he did not want his walk at his usual time so I took Michael into work and when I got back he was ready to go he wanted to go out of the back gate instead of our usual down the side of the house and out of the front, did a tiddle on the grass then wanted too get in the car now he never wants to get in the car.

I needed to walk round the corner too the poo bin so after some persuading off we went. Came back the way to pass the car and he was eager again too get in so I popped him in and took him for a 2 minute drive up the road then came back he jumped out a bit too eagerly and went sprawling then we walked back too the house him jumping around playing with his lead like he did when he was a puppy.

He is now happily laying by the back door. All very strange.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 09:46 AM
It sounds like he`s not feeling too good. Touch of arthritis? Tummy upset?
I hope he`s back to normal soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
It sounds like he`s not feeling too good. Touch of arthritis? Tummy upset?
I hope he`s back to normal soon.
I was thinking the same. I am watching him like a hawk at the moment.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I know when Leon had his bad tummy he kept wanting to eat grass. I asked the vet about it and he said that its a dogs way of trying to make itself sick or aid digestion...he told me not to let Leon do it as he was irritating his gut even more by doing so.

I wonder if he has a bad tummy Lynn, if he feels uncomfortable and knows he needs to go to the toilet, or his tummy feels strange in some way, then maybe he doesn't really know what to do or where to go to get comfortable.

I had Leon making me go out at all hours of the night just to walk up the road, stand and stare, and turn back for home..sometimes he would strain a bit but other times it was as if he just didn't know what to do with himself.

Was Ollies poo ok, or did it look a bit suspect?

I hope I haven't worried you but its the eating grass thing that reminded me of Leon.

Fingers crossed he's ok xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I know when Leon had his bad tummy he kept wanting to eat grass. I asked the vet about it and he said that its a dogs way of trying to make itself sick or aid digestion...he told me not to let Leon do it as he was irritating his gut even more by doing so.

I wonder if he has a bad tummy Lynn, if he feels uncomfortable and knows he needs to go to the toilet, or his tummy feels strange in some way, then maybe he doesn't really know what to do or where to go to get comfortable.

I had Leon making me go out at all hours of the night just to walk up the road, stand and stare, and turn back for home..sometimes he would strain a bit but other times it was as if he just didn't know what to do with himself.

Was Ollies poo ok, or did it look a bit suspect?

I hope I haven't worried you but its the eating grass thing that reminded me of Leon.

Fingers crossed he's ok xxx
His poo's are fine Sheree.

He is more clingy than usual and he is clingy enough when he is normal if he ever has been normal that is.

I shall keep an eye on him and see how he goes.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Hi Lynn I am sure just like humans dogs have days when 'they don't feel quite right '. It may be due to a tummy ache or discomfort somewhere and they don't know quite what they do want.

I think all we can do on these occasions is to watch them for any other signs and let them do what they they instinctive feel is best for them.

Ps I know you have been upset about something just now and that can have an affect Ollie too.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Lynn I am sure just like humans dogs have days when 'they don't feel quite right '. It may be due to a tummy ache or discomfort somewhere and they don't know quite what they do want.

I think all we can do on these occasions is to watch them for any other signs and let them do what they they instinctive feel is best for them.

Ps I know you have been upset about something just now and that can have an affect Ollie too.
Thank you Mini. He is settled now he seems to settle as the day goes on.

He has been suffering with some stiffness lately and this cold and damp weather doesn't help he is on his forever freedom which is at its maximum now while it is cold and damp and he also gets 2 vetzyme extra strong tablets in the evening too help.

I think he maybe feeling a bit under the weather for some reason or other so I will keep watching him closely.