View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2005, 10:22 PM
We bought our children a Packard Bell computer around 6 months ago and I can honestly say it is the slowest computer I have ever used.......don't think I would ever buy this make again, I have heard lots of people complain about how slow they are.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
How do I make a Password reset disc then
Password Reset Disk

This is a floppy disk you can use in the event you ever forget your log on password. It allows you to set a new password.

Here's how to create one:

Go to the Control Panel and open up User Accounts.
Choose your account (under Pick An Account to Change) and under Related Tasks, click "Prevent a forgotten password".
This will initiate a wizard.
Click Next and then insert a blank formatted floppy disk into your A: drive.
Click Next and enter your logon password in the password box.
Click Next to begin the creation of your Password disk.

Once completed, label and save the disk to a safe place

If you need to use the disk

How to Log on to your PC Using Your Password Reset Disk

Start your computer and at the logon screen, click your user name and leave the password box blank or just type in anything. This will bring up a Logon Failure box and you will then see the option to use your Password Reset disk to create a new password. Click it which will initiate the Password Reset wizard. Insert your password reset disk into your floppy drive and follow the wizard which will let you choose a new password to use for your account.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2005, 11:12 PM
I have wasted all night sorting it out and then when I installed the software for the usb wireless thing to connect to the internet I clicked on the internet LAN connection and then it said I had to restart the computer which I did and then the bloomin password thing has come up again AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGG - I feel like screaming So its something to do with the Network and internet connections that makes this happen but I haven't a clue what
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Right - I think I have got it sorted

I did a partial recovery this time (although there wasn't much left on after doing a full recovery the night before ) I then found the Windows XP Media Center programme and went into the settings of it and I found something that mentioned the wireless bit so I changed it from a yes to a no so with any luck I have got rid of the password thing coming up and I have also told it not to come up when windows starts because this was causing the problem I think because it was coming up before you got to the user accounts and it wouldn't let us go any further until we put a password in. So hopefully its all sorted.

I haven't got Windows media Center edition on mine - has anybody else got this programme on their computer ?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I haven't got Windows media Center edition on mine - has anybody else got this programme on their computer ?
No i haven't but it's a add on to XP i can get it for you if you want it
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by leo
No i haven't but it's a add on to XP i can get it for you if you want it

No thanks Leo think I will stick to my plain and boring windows xp
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3