Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 10:50 AM

embarrassing!

ok, indie is officially the most embarrassing dog in the world

I took her on a walk today with her halti on to stop her pulling. she didnt like it much, but she didnt pull.
Anyway, halfway round the walk we bump into this woman with a puppy springer spaniel. She looked at me weirdly, and i was like , no shes not vicious, its just to stop her pulling. Everyone seems to think the halti is a muzzle. Anyway, indie starts getting herself tangled up in it trying to play with the dog, so i start takin off her halti and putting the lead onto her collar. And all of a sudden she goes mental at the dog and the womans all like, oh i dont think so. Poor little puppy by this point was hiding behind its owner.

Indies so annoying, why does she have to be like this? sometimes she fine and runs around playing with em, and sometimes she just goes mental. At training classes she goes mental at all of em and theres no way to calm her down or to keep her attention on me and out on walks shes just unpredictable.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Oh Jenny, I'm sorry..... I don't have any advice, but I hope someone comes around soon
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 11:55 AM
aw jenny she likes to keep you on your toes doesnt she!!! i am sure someone experienced in this kind of thing will be able to advise you.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 12:00 PM
Jenny my 2 babes do exactly the same thing, its puppy excitement, dont worry about it
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 03:06 PM
The world is a very exciting place for a pup!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 03:34 PM
and staffys are a very exciteable breed
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Look, I know this may sound stupid, buuuut, bear with me. I also have the most embarrassing dog on earth.

Gonna ask a question first. What do you normally do when you see another dog? AND When she goes mad what do you do?
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 07:02 PM
ok, shes always on lead anyway. but when we see another dog i spose i usually say somethin to her like 'whos that indie', usually gets her interested or gets her tail wagging. Or i just walk past them or up to them, depends if their dog is offlead. Shes better with the dogs that are offlead as they come bounding over to her usually so she doesnt have time to hesitate.

when she starts going crazy, i either just walk away from the other dog and dont say anything to her, or i tell her NO and pull her away.