Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Doggygirl I don't know what to suggest.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2004, 09:50 AM
sorry to hear this ...sounds like this poor chappie has been pushed from pillar to post .......I am sorry to say that unless the full history of the dog is told to the new owners when they take a dog on from rescue ( and unfair and dangerous if not ) then these things are bound to happen ...its good news that they want to give him another chance and i wish them luck ..perhaps they could seek some help from a behaverist.......(SP)
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-11-2004, 10:59 AM
I'd say they need to contact a behaviourist ASAP, I have a pup who has displayed some aggressive behaviour and contacted a behaviourist from TTouch, everyone is probably sick to the high teeth of me praising this method here but I tell you I am having amazing results from using it, my boy actually went for my son and was growling at my children, he has never attacted since but still very occasionally gives a little growl but now listens to the children and they can control this behaviour which they couldn't before, I'm only 3 weeks into this method and can see an improvement every day.

Here is the website where they could contact TTouch if they want, http://www3.sympatico.ca/tilleyfarm/ but if thats not the route they want to go down then I still strongly suggest they contact someone for help now, no-one can give advise here on the boards as this type of behaviour needs to be seen, we can only tell you of our own experiences and hope that this dog gets the help he needs soon
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2004, 11:03 AM
I agree this kind of problem can not be solved or helped online, a professional needs to evaluate his behaviour and discuss the options asap.
good luck
protectionk9uk
New Member!

03-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Whereabouts do they live ? I know three very good Rottweiler owning dog trainers,one in North Wales , one on the South Coast and one in Lancashire.
Beware of "Animal Behavoirists" as many have no idea of how to treat an aggressive dog and usually advise putting the dog down to cover their own lack of knowledge (NB I am not tarring all behaviorists with the same brush - some do know what they are talking about)
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2004, 12:09 PM
I am a little cross this has appeared here it is a direct copy and paste of a problem I asked about on another private forum ! The problem is sorted out thank you. The dog is being returned to the breeder who has kindly asked to have him back. He is a big boy who has been badly treated and starved in his life and this has left him with big problems which the current owners are unable (due to the risk to children in their home) to help him with. They are devestated that this rescue has not worked out and I promised them I would only post it on a private forum so seeing it appear here is very annoying !
[Admin edit: Post Highlighted]
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2004, 12:14 PM
doggy girl,, maybe you should ask for permission next time? just a thought

im glad the problem has been sorted out, best of wishes for the boy
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Inca