Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Balas mum View Post
As a matter of interest, what are the results of the heart scoring?
The certificate says thet the Bitches result is 1 and the males is 0-1. I have been told by another breeder that this result is not possible as it is either a 0 or a 1 not in between.I dont know if this is correct????
Yes it can be in-between, but the score will be set at the highest .

So the results of the heart scoring are fine as either is acceptable to breed from.

POINT OF INTEREST........... they no longer score a 0,
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Thanks for that.
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2013, 10:44 AM
The question is,This breeder now knows that at least two of his/her puppies have HD,Now if i was breeding puppies this would send out alarm bells and i would be checking my breeding dogs very very carefully to make sure that they are not passing something on genetically.I applaud the breeder for doing the heart tests and as i mentioned before this is one of the reasons i went with this breeder.But now that there is a problem and vet reports to back it up surely he/she should think about getting these tests done just to make sure.At the end of the day if his/her dogs were proved to be clear of all of these problems,he/she would be one of the only breeders in the uk to have properly tested dogs and would soon recoup the costs of the tests in the extra he/she could charge for the pups.I personaly would be prepared to pay considerable more money for a puppy which had had its parents tested for multiple health issues.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 11:02 AM
As a matter of interest, what are the results of the heart scoring?
The certificate says thet the Bitches result is 1 and the males is 0-1. I have been told by another breeder that this result is not possible as it is either a 0 or a 1 not in between.I dont know if this is correct????
Do I take it that although you say you tried very hard to find a breed that did heart scoring, that you have in fact no idea of what you were looking for in the results? No understanding of them?

Please forgive the questions, Im just trying to understand a little better.
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2013, 11:18 AM
I knew that a 0 or a 1 was exceptable and that a 0 breed with a 2 was also exceptable.
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2013, 11:19 AM
but this is not the issue here.My dog does not have heart issues
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Well you now all know what my boxers health issues are and as promised i have posted the x-rays.

Thankyou very much to everyone who has commented on this thread.Its nice to get peoples views and opinoins.

I now consider this thread closed and i would ask a moderator to please lock it now as it is begining to go a little of subject.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Its not fair that you request a thread closure because people are asking you questions or making suggestions. You have posted x rays and you commented on other health issues. Given the answers for the heart testing, which were satisfactory according to the results, you dont want to discuss heart problems because your dog doesnt have them, yet you wanted to earlier! I cant help thinking you would have been happy to continue if the results were not satisfactory.
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2013, 02:57 PM
The heart results are not the issue but if you want to talk about why the certificates were dated 5 days after the purchase of my puppy,even though they were promised to be available for me to view on the day of pick up of the puppy,thats fine.I never implied that the results were not exceptable.But it was nice to actually be given a link to the boxer breed council and be able to check the results officially.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2013, 04:02 PM
The heart results are not the issue but if you want to talk about why the certificates were dated 5 days after the purchase of my puppy,even though they were promised to be available for me to view on the day of pick up of the puppy,thats fine.I never implied that the results were not exceptable.But it was nice to actually be given a link to the boxer breed council and be able to check the results officially.
I'm still a little confused, who's health tests did you get.
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »