Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 02:53 PM
I Love Them.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2006, 05:01 PM
They are on my 'treat list' when I get some extra spare cash I am definately going to get some.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2006, 03:52 PM
my birthday is the 28th of this month and ive already asked o/h for them so fingers crossed { well he has to find them first }
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm on my 2nd pair of GHD's, but this time I got the wider ones as I thought they might be better for longer hair, but now I wish I'd stuck with the narrower ones like I had before! Have fun with yours!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 12:27 PM
My daughter wants some for Christmas. She's tried the normal straightners but she's not that keen on them.

Gonna have to start looking at some prices
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 05:17 PM
I have some narrow ones. They do straighten really well but with my curly mop they eventually cause a lot of dryness and splitting. Also the effects don't last when there's a lot of humidity or when the hair gets wet.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi Lucky, are you using loads of products? Especially the product to protect your hair from the heat? I always spray on some sort of serum based product as well, just before I use them and that way it really glosses the hair up, so shouldn't make it dry like you are saying? It also keeps it silky for the next day too? Sounds to me like you're not using the right thing!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Yeah I've got this pink stuff that is meant to be for straighteners and I use serum too. Think it's because my hair is quite dry and wiry anyway.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Yes, but no matter how dry or wiry ( ) your hair is Lucky, and I'm sure it's not that bad, the straighteners should do the job? I mean, it's ironing your hair isn't it, and no matter how dry and crinkly a piece of cotton is, as long as you do the job properly, it will be smooth and straight - same with the hair?

I use Catwalk "Camera Ready" shiner and de-frizzer on my DRY hair after I've sprayed it with the heat protection spray. You need a de-frizzer that you can put on dry hair, leave it a few minutes, then away ya go!! Steam will come off it, but it will do a super job! Don't listen to what they say either about going over the same piece only once! My hairdresser (and this is a top salon here!) goes over the same bit maybe 3 times sometimes and says it won't harm the hair?!
Lozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 06:30 PM
I got mine last christmas and i love them to bits! i use them all the time sometimes for curling and i put on Loreal paris studio hot straight which i thinks great,i find it makes my hair more shiny and straighter

x
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >