Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-08-2004, 03:35 PM

The power of the Net

This little tale demonstrates, IMO, the power of the Internet to do good things.

Well over a year ago now, I was in a doggy chatroom when one of the chatters mentioned that her neighbours were disappearing off to Dubai and that, with only two days to go, they had made no arrangements for their dog, of whom they were the FOURTH owners The poor wee pooch was, apparently, a Lhasa Apso, and it was living in Kent.

It just so happened that I knew a lady on AOL, living in Plumstead, who had not long lost her beloved LA - so I phoned her and told her about this one - being very careful not to give her the time to think too hard!

The result was that "Benjie" was re-homed electronically, in under 2.5 hours, from Kent to Plumstead, via Orkney! My AOL friend, being unable to drive temporarily (illness) took a taxi all the way from Plumstead to Kent to collect him (60 miles each way, I believe).

Benjie now lords it over the entire household - my friend, her cats, and anyone else who happens to turn up. What he wants, he gets!
A fortune in vet's bills, a fortune in replacement furniture, all the comforts. Did I say he'd had four previous homes? Something tells me he'll never have to find a sixth

Now, THAT is the sort of thing the Net is for!

Snorri
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

17-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Fab story! There are lots of positive aspects to the web... one of my faves is getting to know loads of v interesting people People jus like u Snorri!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-08-2004, 03:50 PM
That's a great story Snorrie I am sure there are lots of excellent uses we have not yet found for the net..maybe could help with transplants/tissue types etc... all sorts of things..
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Well I'm grateful for the net aswell. I would never have known all you guys, and I'm getting a lot of help and advise.

I would have probablely driven my vet and family nuts by all my worries and insecurity.

So thanks! And I've gotten to know so many different breeds aswell. I had never heard of a Presa Canario or bandog amongst many before!

And to think I'm sitting here in little Denmark talking to people from Enland, USA, Canada and other places WOW!