Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
It has nothing to do with being perfect.

If you acquire an older bitch that is unspeyed, and you already have a male dog in the house, and you don't plan to breed, the common sense thing to do is have one or both of them done, isn't it ??

She already stated that money wasn't a problem, so in my opinion, the mating was more intentional than accidental, as she is also treating the dog like she is pregnant without seeking the help or advice of a vet !!
Perhaps she was going to get her spayed but she came into season,so knew she would have to wait.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Toni I pmd her last night after the first posts attacking her,she didnt reply.
all the people not so long ago on a thread about rehoming a rescue said they wouldnt have anyone tell them to neuter/spay their dogs, make your minds up people is this a case of one rule for themselves and one for everyone else or what
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
all the people not so long ago on a thread about rehoming a rescue said they wouldnt have anyone tell them to neuter/spay their dogs, make your minds up people is this a case of one rule for themselves and one for everyone else or what
Al those people who wouldnt have people telling them to spay their dogs are responsible enough to know how to keep dogs of a different sex

My first posts were not attacking her at all. My post that was harsh was saying how I felt sorry for the dog, having to cope with a new home, a new dog, a new environment and then being pregnant. We are dog lovers here, and my concern was for the dog, not the owners feelings !
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 06:10 PM
A lot of people come on this forum for help and to learn more about dogs, the last thing they need is to be put down if they have made a mistake. Don't we all make mistakes throughout our lives, isn't it nice to be able to get some helpful information from someone. Some of our members are knowledgeable enough to give good info. I find it very sad that sometimes people who are asking advice get shot down because they have made a mistake.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 06:11 PM
i have pmd her and she has replyed i hope she will come back on as there are enough of s on here to give the help and support she needs, so come on guys all of you that can give advice please start i was told the Bitch is pregnant so we need to give support that will help now for all there sacks. plase pull together as the family unit we have always been for this person.
pixydust
New Member!
Female 

29-11-2007, 06:15 PM
thank you for beeing nice about this i would never of left the dogs together if i new the boy hadn't been done but when i brought the 2 together i was told the boy had been done this is why i wasn't sure if she was pregnant or not but the vet has confirmed she is so now i will deal with the situation in hand
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
The point you are missing is that in the post you mentioned was the question "Would you neuter or spay your existing dog" not would you have a rescued dog neutered or spayed?

If I remember correctly most people answered that they would not have their existing dogs neutered or spayed, but would have no problem having the new dog or bitch done.

So in effect your point becomes irrelevant.

As Malady said, my concern is for the dog and not the persons feelings. Plus at no point in her post did she state that she was going to get her spayed but her bitch came into season.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by pixydust View Post
thank you for beeing nice about this i would never of left the dogs together if i new the boy hadn't been done but when i brought the 2 together i was told the boy had been done this is why i wasn't sure if she was pregnant or not but the vet has confirmed she is so now i will deal with the situation in hand
Again sorry to sound harsh, but how can you possibly mistake an un-neutered male ???? They have 'man fruits' on display ???

Surely someone never told you he was done, thinking you wouldn't miss that little giveaway ??
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 06:21 PM
but what's done is done, now if she'd been a regular and we'd advised her not to have dog and bitch together etc and it still happened then yes we could be a bit more harsh but the point is the bitch could well be pregnant and harping on about what she should and shouldn't have done is pointless.
Lets make sure things go right from here.
Becky
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by pixydust View Post
Hi,
Welcome back I'm pleased you have been to the vets,I can't offer any advice on a pregnant bitch as I have never had one, but I just wanted to say Good Luck, and I hope it all goes okay
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »