Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
I agree with you if this was the first time, but it isn't.

She has had other "accidental" pregnancies.

My point is that people should start to be more responsible and take the proper precautions.

It doesn't matter how long she has owned the bitch. If she had no intention of breeding her, she should of had her spayed in the beginning.

I must admit that I'm a little surprised that it wasn't already spayed if it came from a rescue centre, because all rescue centres around my way spay bitches before they are rehomed.
Hi Colin I am not aware that there are any other 'accidental pregnancies' ,the OP merely states in her profile that she has had an accidental litter and I take that to mean the above mentioned possible litter. Neither have I seen any mention of rescue centres.

There is little point in berating people when an accident has already happened. I am pleased Pixidust found has us and hope that we will be able to help (not alienate) her, that way we will be helping her little bitch too and may prevent further accidents.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Colin I am not aware that there are any other 'accidental pregnancies' ,the OP merely states in her profile that she has had an accidental litter and I take that to mean the above mentioned possible litter. Neither have I seen any mention of rescue centres.

There is little point in berating people when an accident has already happened. I am pleased Pixidust found has us and hope that we will be able to help (not alienate) her, that way we will be helping her little bitch too and may prevent further accidents.
Believe me I'm not berating her, but just making sure that she understands the consequences of her actions or the lack of them in this case.

Concerning the point about the other pregnancies. In her profile she was asked: Have you ever bred your dog?: And her answer was: Yes - accidental litter. How else am I to perceive that answer?

I agree with you that there is no evidence of where the bitch came from, hence the reason I put the word if into my sentence

Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
I must admit that I'm a little surprised that it wasn't already spayed if it came from a rescue centre, because all rescue centres around my way spay bitches before they are rehomed.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Well not wanting to put the cat amongst the pigeons, i'l have to say when people come on dogsey looking for help, help is what should be given, not oh my gosh its a accidental litter, come guys it happens if shes been daft well," let he who is without sin cast the first stone"i think dogsey needs to get back on track and offer help. Im not going to sit and condem her I will not sit and try close the stable door now, if shes pregnant yes as a breeder imo puppy food is better for her at this stage as it has all in for whelping bitches, and if the op wants my help she should pm me if she can't feel she can put it on the forum, us more educated folk should offer free advice with dogs if were asked not hold back and say oh well its your own fault ,she problay knows that, I would rather offer help than her feeling she cant come to us for help, and the bitch suffering from the lack of knowledge on the owner part, wouldnt you?

The vet will be able to scan her for you to state wether in fact shes pregnant as the bones of the pups are calcifided by 6 weeks and will show up, failing that ask for a blood test then please come on and let us know whats happening
thanks toni xxzbxx
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 05:23 PM
bet she wont come back again poor girl
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
bet she wont come back again poor girl
Hope she does its a shame xxzbxx
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 05:43 PM
I hope she comes back too. It sounded like she needed advice, though if it had been me and my first post on Dogsey. I don't think I would come back
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2007, 05:45 PM
It seems to be happening more and more frequently over the last couple of months, people come looking for help and advice and they shot down for not being perfect.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
It seems to be happening more and more frequently over the last couple of months, people come looking for help and advice and they shot down for not being perfect.
I happen to agree with you on this stormey, and for the record ive just pmd her asking how things are going xxzbxx
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 05:49 PM
It has nothing to do with being perfect.

If you acquire an older bitch that is unspeyed, and you already have a male dog in the house, and you don't plan to breed, the common sense thing to do is have one or both of them done, isn't it ??

She already stated that money wasn't a problem, so in my opinion, the mating was more intentional than accidental, as she is also treating the dog like she is pregnant without seeking the help or advice of a vet !!
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
I happen to agree with you on this stormey, and for the record ive just pmd her asking how things are going xxzbxx
Aww that's really nice of you
I hope she comes back
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »