View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 11:47 PM

Are there any Bichon Frise puppies out there or not???

Well I'm still searching for a pup to add to out brood. Does anyone know of any reputable breeders ...preferably a little nearer to South Cumbria than Devon.. I am now sooo broody for my new little pup. I must have contacted just about every breeder on the kennel club register. No-one seems to have any, or at least any born now and next planned litters are already spoken for . It must be fate as we had a travel (a number of years ago admittedly) to Devon for our very 1st GSD but lovely County as it is I don't really want to travel down there again if I can possibly find some nearer to home. Can anyone suggest somewhere as my eyes are turning square from trailing the internet and reading through all doggie magazines that I can find. Sorry to ramble on but we started researching and planning this when our youngest daughter was born Oct 2003 and I think I'll burst if I don't locate one soon. Anyway there's greater losses at sea, and for now I'll have to just be content with my beautiful brood!

Thanks in advance to anyone with suggestions.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Just a few don't know if you have tried these or hope you find what your looking for.

Just don't buy from what you think is a puppy farm you need to see the parents if not both the mum should do.

MRS A FENTON
ASTLEY HOUSE
REABARN RD
BRIXHAM
DEVON
TQ5 9ED
01803 853443
anitafenton@btinternet.com

Mrs K Marshall
15 Aycliffe Gardens
Plympton
Devon
PL7 1YN
01752 312879
honeyvalebichonfrise@blueyonder.co.uk

Karen Clark-Stapleton
20 Serpentine rd
Wallasey
Wirral
Merseyside
CH440AX
Karen622207855@aol.com
Visit our website

mr mrs christian
eyam close
mansfield
Nottinghamshire
ng5 7bb
01623 486939

mr j and mrs a christain
15 eyam close
oak tree lane
mansfield
nottinghamshire
ng18 3qs
01623 486939
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Hi Meganrose have you checked on the breed site, people there will advise you..go to Google and look up bichon frise club of gb.info/
Also try the Kennel Club site and go to Dog register/puppy sales list/search and chose your breeder with care...this list is no guarantee but a good place to start looking.lsoclubofgb.info/bichonfriseclubofgb.info/TThe Bichon Frisé Club of Great BritaiBichon Frisé Club of Great Britain
e Bichon Frisé Club of Great Britain

The The Bichon Frisé Club of Great Britain
Bichon Frisé Club of Great Britain
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi there, Thanks for the info - I have checked both, with no luck as yet I have a few more names forwarded to check out. It's a pity that the Bichon Frise rescue will not even consider rehoming if there are any children under 5 in the home as we have a lovely and very experienced home here and could very easily supply supporting evidence from our vets regarding our suitability.
Anyway I'll just have to be patient and keep trying! Thanks again and watch this space...
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Thanks Leo, Think I may have already emailed the one at The Wirral (not sure as tried so many). It looks as if I will just have to travel further afield. I would just like somewhere more local so as I can check them out better and visit more than once, as it's tempting when your desperate to find your puppy and had to travel to view it for 5 or 6 hours to just accept what your shown, even if you're not too sure about the kennels etc.,. We have bred both Chocolate labradors, GSD and years ago,(before I got married, working sheepdogs and gundogs) and I have always encouraged people to come and view puppies and both parents on a number of occassions before making their choice, as all puppies look beautiful but you must be aware what you're taking on and do your research properly beforehand. Anyway thanks for forwarding those addresses and I'll keep everyone posted. If I can actually get a camera to work I may even get some photos's!!!