Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alexandria
New Member!
Female 

13-02-2015, 10:50 PM

Dry eye concerns

Dear members, I wonder if anyone has any experience of side effects of prescribed eye drops containing Cyclosporin for dry eye. My dog has just been diagnosed with this but he has also suffered from pannas for the last 3 years. I have only administered this twice (over two days) and I notice that he has swelling in one ear. Is this something I should be worrying about. My vet thinks not!
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Can you post a picture of the swelling? Is there anything else swollen like mouth or tongue and is there also itching, discharge?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2015, 11:39 PM
Hi,Welcome to Dogsey
Notice one of the possible side effects listed is "red swollen ear flaps" Sorry can't post a link.My dog also suffers from dry eye but thankfully doesn't suffer any effects from the drops.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-02-2015, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by Alexandria View Post
Dear members, I wonder if anyone has any experience of side effects of prescribed eye drops containing Cyclosporin for dry eye. My dog has just been diagnosed with this but he has also suffered from pannas for the last 3 years. I have only administered this twice (over two days) and I notice that he has swelling in one ear. Is this something I should be worrying about. My vet thinks not!
Hello Lexi and welcome
I would have expected any reaction to the drops to result in inflamed eyes and rubbing/itching primarily.

You say 'my vet thinks not' has he examined the ear?
Where is the swelling, it's not in the flap of the ear is it (a hematoma ) which can be caused by rubbing/accidentally catching the ear.

Can you describe the swelling/size/area/is it red/does it feel hot.