View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2005, 10:35 AM
I once had a green dog..................................

looking after a wee white boxer for my friend. I'd just cut the grass and Biddy decided she wanted tto roll in the cut grass, hence a beautiful green dog. Really difficult to wash off. Oh forgot she also had a red head my sons Ribena.
Tracie
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Well I think it is horrible and unnecessary. I am very open minded about most things and I know people can do as they wish with their dogs but this does annoy me. Firstly I think each dog is naturally beautiful in its own way, there is already a huge amount of diversity in size and coat colour without trying to improve on nature. But my main concern is the type of person who would spend time and money doing this sort thing is probably the sort who would not want their dog to go out and get dirty..dogs and children both should have the chance to run free,get a bit dirty and have fun!!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

27-02-2005, 01:09 PM
My own dogs are very spoiled and pampered they have the best toys sleep on the couch, and the bed they wear the best collars but they are also allowed to be dogs playing in the mud etc

I think maybe you can take it too far - especially with the nail polish thing
CBT
Dogsey Senior

27-02-2005, 01:11 PM
personally i think it looks daft, but so long as its just harmless fun and the dog doesnt mind being groomed in this way, and the dyes etc used are not harmful or toxic then I dont have a problem with it.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by CBT
personally i think it looks daft, but so long as its just harmless fun and the dog doesnt mind being groomed in this way, and the dyes etc used are not harmful or toxic then I dont have a problem with it.
Agree with you there CBT!
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Who cares either way? It's not my dog. The dog doesn't know it's dyed and it doesn't hurt it...dogs, thank goodness, can't feel embarrassment so if that's your thing, have fun with it.

My dogs do get sweatshirts on in the dead of winter when they're going stir crazy and need a walk outside. I have one that would rather live in a sweatshirt than ever take it off. What do I care? He can wear his shirt if it makes him happy.

That said...there is an ordinance in my town making it illegal to dye poultry.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2005, 06:34 PM
what ever floats ya boat I say LOL
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2005, 08:45 PM
there is a dog round here that is always in jumpers and coats styled like human coats like parkas etc and it has its nails painted and she carries it in a bag and i feel sorry for it as its not a doll its a dog and max loves nothing more than getting dirty and digging around in the mud and with a french manicure i cant believe she lets it near mud!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2