Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-03-2011, 07:35 PM

Shankly, Staffie, DOB 05.08 - Croydon

Shankly, Staffie, DOB 05.08 - Croydon

Homing Requirements: Shankly is a great family dog. Shankly is an inclusive dog i.e. 'sofa and bed' rather than down in the kitchen dog. He needs gentle intros with dogs to develop his self confidence and confident management when dogs bound over. Shankly can pull on the lead so would benefit from a Gencon or Halti initially.

His Story: Shankly returned to the breeder having been beaten. He was homed with very young children as an only pet though they never walked him so he is still learning about being out and about. Not for cats. He was homed for 4 months but various aspects of 3 very young children is proving too busy a household for him; needs to be managed when dogs rush over, still needs more work and the family are moving to Wales means that he is coming back as soon as we can take him. We neutered, chipped and fully vax'd him in October 2010.

Advert: Shankly still has a puppy innocent feel about him though he is 2 years old. His confidence is still being developed outside on his walks. Shankly had quite a sheltered life and is just getting used to formal walks. He has always lived with children and is a great friend to adults to. He wasn't been walked for nearly a year in his previous home so his family have found it hard and he really needs a formal training class to teach him commands. He is doing well with a smile on his face and awkwardness in his step 'being new on the dance floor'.

Shankly is well meaning just a little gushing; needs to relax and tone down his energy on walks. A great dog in the house having lived with young children before but has found living with 3 very young children on occasions challenging and we are looking for a less busy household or perhaps older children. Shankly loves his toys and company. He has a beautiful orange brindle coat, is young and still learning.

"Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

For daily updates click our forum logo on our homepage and you will find the full range of dogs that are available for homing.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Oh my, isn't he just adorable......
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Shankly was called Rickie when he first came into rescue with us and because everyone knows him as Rickie we are decided to revert to that name and he responds to it.

Here is an update from one of our volunteers down at the kennels:

“I took Rickie out for a day trip to Brighton on Tuesday. He was really good in the car considering he went in there straight from the kennels so he was VERY excited! He came back to the house to meet our dog again, after lots of licking each others faces we went for a 2 hour walk around the parks to get rid of some energy. He is such a lovely dog but needs to get his confidence from some polite dogs as he gets a bit scared by dogs running up to his face (obviously) which a lot of people let their dogs do around here. He came back to the house and we stayed in the garden playing with him for a few hours before going to the woods. All he wants to do is sit on your lap and cuddle all day! He got so relaxed he kept falling asleep on us. Rickie surprised me by sitting at the speed of light when I said 'sit' then started waving his paw at me! He is such a people dog, he really needs to be around someone again. It was really hard picking photos to put up because we took so many of him and he is so handsome! Here's a few":

[/img]

Rickie is currently in boarding kennels and would really benefit from some time in a foster home. If you think you could foster him until his forever home comes along then please get in touch.

If you think you can offer Rickie a home please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-04-2011, 07:06 PM
An update from Zoe, one of our volunteer walkers, on Rickie:

“Although Ricky has a rather unique way of walking on the lead, I’ve got a bit of a soft spot for him. He was really pleased to see me but was good to harness up and was a good boy on our walk - he was walked with Bruno with no problems at all - although we always keep our distance from the dogs we're walking with, he doesn't seem that bothered by other dogs - Vicky and I walked him with my dog Herbie and he was good then too.

We stopped halfway for some time out and a drink for us both - I also got some lovely cuddles...I sat on the floor with him and he sat on my lap which was so sweet”.

Rickie is currently in boarding kennels and would be really interested in a foster space until his home comes along. Could you help him with that? If so, please get in touch.

If you think you can offer Rickie a home please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-05-2011, 03:52 PM
An update from Zoe, one of our volunteer walkers on Rickie:

"Ricky was my last walk of the day - I also walked him on the flexi lead when it was safe to do so and he was a star. He is so good about coming back to make sure I was still there. He obviously benefitted from going out yesterday with Vicky as well - I did a new route with him and tried to spend a bit of extra time with him which he seemed to really enjoy so all in all it was a successful outing for lovely Ricky".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Vicky, one of our volunteers, was meant to have a day off today, but she couldn't resist bringing Ricky home for a bit of off lead time. Ricky is not interested in food, but she discovered that he loves to play ball!

So that is what they did, again and again and again ......

As usual a picture speaks a thousand words....

Ricky having a good explore of the garden

Enjoying a run around

Starting to slow???

Showing what a handsome Staffy he is!

When she sat down, he wanted to sit under her!

When she stood up, guess where he wanted to be.... with her!

And of course a couple of videos showing him off lead

Video click HERE Ricky enjoying time off lead

Video click HERE Ricky enjoying playing ball

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:05 PM
***bump***
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-10-2011, 09:29 PM
An update from Zoe, one of our volunteers ...

"I think today I probably had one of my nicest days with Rickie.

We popped over to see Vicky and what a good boy he was - he showed off that loving, loyal side that I knew he had. It is no secret that Rickie is my favourite boy at GS and I now know why - even I saw another side to him today.

I travelled him with only a dog guard between him and Herbie - they were both impeccably behaved so am hoping to work with him with some different dogs.

Check out the pics of the happy, chilled boy that is Rickie - he truly would make someone the most loyal companion......demonstrated here with Vicky.....".

And just some of him having a welcome break from kennels

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Rickie is still available for adoption.

If you are interested in re-homing Rickie please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Rickie was walked by Susiebee and he is still as handsome as ever ...

For those of you that don't know ... Susiebee sometimes takes pics of our dogs next to a wellington boot so you can get an idea of their size. So having seen it done, Rickie was determined to pose next to Susiebee and her Jack & the beanstalk boots. He said "perhaps that way someone might realise that I won't really take up much space in a forever home - you won't even know I'm there"!

Rickie is still available for adoption.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >