View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hope Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-03-2012, 10:49 PM

Callum - Young Tri Merle Collie (Heage, Derbyshire)

Callum is a 6 month old tri merle collie and is currently on foster in Heage, Derbyshire.

Callum is looking for a new foster or forever home

The Callum Fact File
Dog status: Good but can become overexcited
Cat status: Has chased cats in the past, could possibly learn to live with them with correct introductions
Child status: Not suitable for children
House training: Good
Home alone: Callum is crate trained and can be left happily for short periods. Not suitable for full time workers
Basic training: Callum knows basic obedience commands but needs further training to improve his life skills and manners.

Callum is a stunning dog who has tonnes of personality and character to go with his good looks. He is looking for an experienced new forever or foster home. Ideally we would like to find someone who is experienced with border collies or other herding breeds.

Callum is only a young lad and he easily becomes over stimulated and excited. He lived with full time workers and was crated for long periods in his previous home so they made the decision to sign him over to us to rehome. However, moving to a busier environment with his foster carers where there are lots of other dogs to interact with and new sights to see he is struggling to get to grips with his rising adrenalin and mental stimulation. Callum can become OTT very quickly and does not have any coping strategies relating to self control or dealing with frustration. His only current coping strategies are to get wildly excited and play the fool or he can use his teeth if people try to move him. He is not biting hard but will puppy mouth and nip in an attempt to make himself feel better and control his rising frustration. His stress levels are high due to his over stimulation and he is having to be encouraged to settle and chill out as much as possible.
Callum will not be rehomed with children due to his currently excited phase.

Callum is dog friendly and is loving having new doggy friends to play with. He can become overexcited and his main technique to deal with that is to hump them. Does not always go down so well!
He can be rehomed with other dogs who would be able to tolerate his bouncy ways (or join in with him). He could also be rehomed on his own if he has plenty of human company.

He is crate trained and can be left in his crate happily if he has a kong or something to chew. He would not be suitable for a full time worker due to his previous experiences being left for long hours and the proceeding over stimulation when his owners did return.

Callum is a very bright dog who will relish further training both in basic obedience and house manners. He can jump up and he needs further work on his bite inhibition and self control.

Due to some of Callum's behavioural issues potentially being based in insecurity and fear the decision has been taken to hold off his castration. This will either be undertaken before he moves to a new home or will have to be done by a new owner and will be followed up to ensure the procedure is completed.

All Hope Rescue dogs are neutered (if over 6 months), vaccinated, flea treated, wormed and micro-chipped prior to adoption. If a puppy is not old enough to be neutered then this must be carried out at the owner’s expense when old enough, and the relevant form completed by the vet and returned to Hope Rescue. A homecheck will be required, and you will need to come and meet the dog with your own dogs and family. Hope Rescue rehomes throughout the UK.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 10:33 AM
I hope he finds the home he needs xxxxxxxxx
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 10:34 AM
oh he looks so sad, gotta make someone fall for him
Hope Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Hello, I'm Callum Collie, and here's a few things I've learnt while settling into my foster home

Lesson 1.

This is Mabel, my bestest bestest girlfriend. She is teaching me teefs means NO!!

This is called 'GoodboyCallum goooooooooooood settle'

I don't geddit...

Mabel is a very patient (and I fink sexy ) teacher.
One of my foster carers call this my doofus face

Sometimes though, a boy has to give in

zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 10:40 AM
oh thats better a gorgeous smile
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Im sure with the right guidence he will grow out of the bitting Millie is going through the same thing but is getting better.

Ive told my mum she has to ignore Millie when she comes home because Millie gets over excited and thats when she imost likely to bite, its not a hard bite just nipping but she can apear fierce. She is starting to get the messege and has improved loads in the last week.

Its just a question of getting them to learn that nipping wont get them any attention ^^

She has the same issue with the couch too but ive found a squirty bottle comes in very handy for that. Got her out of the habbit of digging in greenhouse using the squirty bottle the minute I say out! Off she goes
Hope Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-03-2012, 07:52 AM
Hello there!

I am still in my original foster home (got my good boy paws under the table) but am still on the lookout for my forever home. I am seven months old now, learning to walk nicely on my lead, I'm great at clicker training and have got an excellent memory.
I am getting braver on my walks, just need to be reminded I'm okay, but I don't need to stop all the time when cars go past now. Although I am still sometimes a bit nervous in the house, I love meeting people when I'm out and about, and am great with meeting other dogs, I'm just scared if I hear them barking and can't see them.

Anyway, my favourite favourite thing has turned out to be gardening, I have to have at least an hour everyday with my foster mum and the other dogs, mostly just milling around or 'helping', a bit of play fighting and then a bit of zoomies with a toy in my mouth, then I'm happy and I find it easier to settle for the evening.

Sometimes I forget that I'm safe and my behaviour goes all nervous for a few days, but I soon remember again.

I'm a very loving puppy, and I love cuddles

Here's some new pictures of me.

Helping in the garden (I'm a proper collie, I like hosepipes too )

Relaxing

More helping

Me and My Girl

Thanks for looking at my pictures
Hope Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Hope Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Okay, so he doesn't fetch them yet, but he does love them

Let's go!! I'm sitting nicely
Mabel is coming today, because we are going to new places, and she helps me feel brave

I'm getting too big for this stile...

...waiting for you to catch up...

Some sniffing...

...I'm coming!!

...let's find those treats she dropped Mabel...

Come on, let's go!!

Look at me!!

My foster laydee forgot about all the 'hazards' on the walk, so after the yippy yappy 'get off my field' Jack Russell, and the busy road, and the cattle grid, I was not wanting to look at the scenery and look handsome, fank you!! Let's go!!

Okay, here I come then ...

But I really would like to get through this gate quickly, I'm feeling a little anxious. Do you think I will find a forever home to help me be even braver?

I was frightened of this log, then I realised it was my very favourite sniff. Look how lovely it is

Sniffle sniffle...

Now then. Another thing my foster laydee forgot, was how many stiles is in this walk. I am getting too big enough at 7 and a half months to squeeze through gaps, and not quite old enough to be jumping and climbing. And I'm not keen on being picked up, so my foster laydee thought that we would be trapped in the countryside for months, stuck between stiles

But I saw Mabel getting over, and I didn't want the foster laydee to leave me behind, and I really wanted to do it, so I let her 'help' me over a few stiles. It was great fun, but there are no pictures of my first ones

Look at me here though, I'm a fast learner

Hmmmm..

I AM a tiny puppy!!

Look at me jumping!

And finally here is a friend I met on the way home. I love horses and ponies, I am as big as this one

She is blowing her hot nose on me!!

Hello. I am the pony. I see you have a new visitor. I am going to stand right by the gate as usual so you have to squeeze through. Then I shall follow you and freak Mabel out

What a busy new walk that was

Today, I have been playing hosepipe in the garden look out for pics of me looking handsome and soggy very soon
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Fingers crossed this little guy gets a forever home soon. He looks lovely
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >