View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 03:03 PM
My nan used to have a toy poodle, Brandy, he had 3 cups of tea per day along with toast at breakfast and rich tea or custard creams during the day.
maxymack
New Member!
Female 

07-01-2009, 10:54 PM
hi guys my lab retriever loves kiwi,oranges,apples(seeded), pears, adores strawberries most i kbow are ok and doesn't have in majoor amounts but could someone email me with a list of things dogs can't have like onions, grapes, choclate etc. is garlic ok coz i most times put garlic with my chicken and poultry when i cook it?
maxymack
New Member!
Female 

07-01-2009, 10:55 PM
be carefull with buiscuits coz most are 3/4 of their daily intake of calories - to many will make them fat xx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 11:09 PM
I always have to warn visitors not to put their tea on low tables here as the Hounds are very partial to it. They don`t pinch mine though because I don`t take sugar. I did have one old girl who was obviously used to having tea when her owner did. On holiday we used to order an extra cup specially for her which caused great amusement in cafes all over Cornwall.
They`ve never been keen on oranges - but Shamus likes pears.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Our hooch loves to drink tea, he has his own cup, he only gets half a cup about twice aday, but will beg people for thiers. he's a right tea belly. he also loves nearly all types of fruit, (we don't give him grapes), and raw carrots. he would walk a mile for a piece of garlic bread. i'v been told garlic is good for dogs.
Jessie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-01-2009, 01:07 AM
My dogs love tea and like claireanddaisy, if anyone is silly enough to put their cup on the coffee table or floor the Mallies head are straight in the cups

Only one will eat oranges, but they'll all eat pretty much every other fruit and veg.
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-01-2009, 11:08 AM
My dogs all enjoy an occasional drink of tea. They love fruit and will pick apples off the tree themselves, they eat most veg, especially carrotts, brocolli, cauliflower, and one of them loves prawn crackers, but only if dipped in curry!

They also get the odd treat of a bowl of ice cream. Spoiled? Never!!!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Don't tell Pharaoh he might not be allowed any more tea, we joke he was a white doggy, but has gradually tea stained! When he was little he got so dehydrated tat you could fold his skin up into a map! but he'll always drink tea and will only drink water if you pour your tea dreg into it! Silly doggy... Kismet has I'm afraid learned from him, you have quite an intent audience with your cuppa here!

Selkie will eat anything except mushrooms... She loves grapes. I have never pinned down, what exactly is wrong with grapes? She enjoys three or four if I have them, which is rarely, and suffers no ill effects... She loves oranges too, but can't have them as they got straight through her. Last time she ate something she shouldn't in fact I gave her an orange and sure enough it all came out the other end the next morning!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 11:39 AM
http://www.ukvet.co.uk/ukvet/article...%20raisins.pdf

HTH

For those who feed grapes and raisins, it's up to you what you give your dog but at the end or the day a bunch of grapes would be enough to kill a medium breed dog, so please don't advise others it's fine, let them do the research themselves and if they still want to do it then that's their choice.

How Many Would Poison Your Dog?
The minimum toxic dose is approximately1 grape per pound of body weight.

15 lb dog = 12-14 grapes could be deadly
25 lb. dog = 23 grapes could be deadly
50 lb. dog = 50+ grapes could be deadly
75 lb. dog = 75 grapes could be deadly

Raisins, having lost their water content are considered more toxic at 6 raisins per kg of body weight, or 2-3 raisins per pound of body weight. Think how many raisins are in ONE small snack pack of raisins ? maybe enough to kill your dog.

15 lb. dog = 30-45 raisins could be deadly
25 lb. dog = 50-75 raisins could be deadly
50 lb. dog = 100-150 raisins could be deadly
75 lb. dog = 150-225 raisins could be deadly

Taken from here:
http://www.beaglesandbuddies.com/ind...?topic=raisins
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Wow no more Grapes for Selkie then and looks like her hot cross bun days are over too! I had no idea they were quite so toxic... Bizarre really isn't it!

Thanks Random.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >