View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Ahhh TW, sorry to hear about your on...hope they can sort it but if not deffo ask legal advice
Brenda, pleased you got some stuff from Dunelm. There was a fella arrested here the other day with regards manchester...stupid s*d made a run for it and got tasered Lol
Nice you have both of your boys Sue
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2017, 02:15 PM
Had girls out as the forecast rain never appeared, but dull and overcast. Everywhere had a good clean, planted my border plants last night so they benefitted from the rain, of course was expecting rain all today so never put the fencing up, and had to prop it all up leaning on the fence otherwise the girls size 9's would have trampled the poor litte plants into the ground. Tried to hoover up, wasn't picking up and a new bag in, so outside with the pipe and the hose down it and sure enough a great lump of shavings and dog hair blocking it, so got to wait for the pipe to dry now.
Son has just finished on the phone to me. Basically they got into a conversation last night and it all came out that she wasn't happy and it was more friends and she wants a heady romance, which when you have been with someone a few years its impossible to keep up. Also....and I knew this would be the case...son has never told her whats going on at work and how he is feeling. it is always me he runs things past, and I say to him have you discussed it and how does she feel, and he says oh she's not bothered about stuff like that...well of course she is, he just cannot see it, and I have said to him several times I think he needs to tell her stuff instead of telling me stuff and only me. He also thinks she is interested in someone else, he knows who it is, and their relationship has just broken down and they are now free. He has given her the option to go, or he will go and she has said no she wants to work it out. She goes to Greece with her sister for 2 weeks on Friday, so it is some time apart, his feeling is they are treading water and maybe best if they do split. Have mentioned the house (of course) apologised if he thought I was being a b!tch, and he says she wouldn't take him for it, and he is the one who has put money in it, none of her family has, but I know it could turn out not to be the case because thats the way it goes. However will have to leave him with that and see which direction they go in long term.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Hopefully they can work things out TW...keeping stuff in isn't any good.. maybe she thinks he isn't bothered about her anymore?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2017, 03:59 PM
I've said that to him because he has more or less shut down emotionally at present due to the work thing. Incidentally, he has had contact from another company interested in him, his CV is online somewhere (a job site) and they want to arrange a meeting with him, which is this Wednesday, so actually he has a few irons either in the fire or about to be, so he is beginning loosen up slightly and relax. If she is totally unaware of why he is behaving like he is, then best guess is that he is in the throes of some affair with someone else, or has lost interest, how the heck is she supposed to know if he doesn't tell her.
Will be seeing him on Thursday, am going to try and get somewhere with him, it could be that the relationship has run its course, in which case then they can part whilst still friends, which is what he thinks at the moment at least. Parting friends now is best, because I really don't want my brother to lose the several thousand pounds he gave towards the deposit!!!! Thats the mercenary practical me speaking, having been divorced twice and walked away with nothing except kids, dogs and horses and having to start again with nothing at aged 35 I really don't want to see him lose what he has worked for and paid for.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Helloooo been gardening.

June sorry to hear about your son and partner have been there several times with both boys each time they have left with nothing. Hoping your son gets his fair share.
Michael is similar when having work trouble he does not communicate well but this time around when made redundant he seemed to make the effort with Maca and talked to us more. He was treated very similarly re: firms contacting then then not moving forward after the interviews.
Thank goodness this job came along when it did he was getting very stressed.
I have everything crossed both things work out for your son job and girlfriend.

Sad news about John Noakes.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
All the money for the deposit on the mortgage came from son, me and my brother and son pays the mortgage, she doesn't earn much as a teaching assistant, now wondering if she'll be walking away with the proceeds
In 2010 when I was down in Glastonbury (Waiting for the camper van to be finished not attending the festival ) I met a women who was in a similar position (The other way around) She had agreed to her b/f moving in with her, she was paying the mortgage and owned most of the furniture etc. it lasted a specific time which turned out to be just a few weeks longer than you need to be in a relationship in order to claim half of everything when/if you split up.

She told me that this is a common thing now with some partners aided by the law which once again appears to be an ass

I hope for your sons sake (and you + brother) this is not the case here but it is definately a ploy which some people are using in order to make monetary gain.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Have mentioned the house (of course) apologised if he thought I was being a b!tch, and he says she wouldn't take him for it, and he is the one who has put money in it, none of her family has, but I know it could turn out not to be the case because thats the way it goes. However will have to leave him with that and see which direction they go in long term.
As you say "That's the way it goes" and like I said the law is an ass on this issue.

My (limited) understanding is that a huge factor is the length of time they've been together and in particular how long they've lived under the same roof.

Hope it works out for your son, if he needs to get legal advice some firms of solicitors will give half an hour free but being the cynic that I am I expect they will always recommend further (costly) advice and action
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2017, 06:23 PM
They have been together a very long time, Harvey. Living in rented property, then the house they were living in (detached 3 bed new build) came up for sale and they were offered the chance to buy it at a reduced price. Between us we didn't have enough for the deposit, but my brother (who worked in the City and got million pound bonuses) came up with the rest.
Will have to wait and see if the chance of coming out of it with more than she went into it with is tempting.She's been very lucky, went straight from living at mum and dads to living with him, he's paid all bills, rent etc. Earned the lions share of the money and she's not had to really stump up a lot really, but you don't know do you and I have dreaded this day and hoped it wouldn't come,but I have had a feeling for a couple of years that it wasn't right, but they seemed OK, just that niggle at the back of my mind.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-05-2017, 08:43 PM
and she's not had to really stump up a lot really, but you don't know do you and I have dreaded this day and hoped it wouldn't come
Well I know far less than you of course. I should perhaps say that not every one is a schemer and gold digger. She maybe happy to just part, remain friends, and just take her personal belongings. In my view it's such a shame that the media and such give people distorted pictures of life and some are easily led. Your sons girlfriend maybe one of those.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-05-2017, 08:57 PM
'evening Moyra, Brenda, Besoeker, Lynn, Griff, Kazz, Sue, June, and any one else who might pop in latter. Have been keeping an eye on all your activities.

Casey & Lara went along the river this morning, Lara as usual had a swim, Casey (again as per usual) stood with his two front paws on the waters edge and drank gallons

Also as per usual am now half asleep, been waking around 5 or 6 am and can't get back to sleep so get up and do a few things in the garden. It's very nice at that time and we now have the horses at the back which are a joy to watch. Not that they do a lot, just seem to munch grass all day

So goodnight, will look in again tomorrow
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >