Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Yes, My dogs :smt042

They wouldn't do anything, but they look bigger in the dark for some reason.
I'm in your club T.. Must be a Mal thing
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
I'm in your club T.. Must be a Mal thing
lol It must be. I'm onlly short too, so it makes them look even bigger up to me
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 11:16 AM
if i need to go out at night i always take Hector, size matters.

also a good halogen lamp and rape alarm.

oh and dont forget your mobile phone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 01:27 PM
I've got one of those sprays, and once I arm it by pulling out the plug thingy, it will spray a blue dye in the face of an attacker, but I'm hoping Georgie would get there first anyway! I also carry a serious "dog lead" which has a big spring on it, it's quite short and if needs be I would definitely be able to rearrange his face with the end of it should I get attacked, coz it's blooming heavy at one end where the spring is. If you want, I can put up a piccy? The spray can isn't illegal either, and nor is this lead, coz after all I AM walking my dog aren't I!!!! You've gotta have something when you're alone in the dark woods Personally I'd rather wait till it got light!!!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Your dogs will know if anyone is around before you will and they will give you all the warning you need.

Personally I'm big enough not to worry about other people late at night, but when Michelle takes the dogs out late at night along the beach her defence has four legs and a month full of teeth and that's by a factor of 5.

Believe me neither Onyx or Ruby would hesitate to bite someone if they came for Michelle with any sort of intent.

Listen to your dogs because not only do they have a far better sence of smell, but also better night vision.
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
Your dogs will know if anyone is around before you will and they will give you all the warning you need.

Personally I'm big enough not to worry about other people late at night, but when Michelle takes the dogs out late at night along the beach her defence has four legs and a month full of teeth and that's by a factor of 5.

Believe me neither Onyx or Ruby would hesitate to bite someone if they came for Michelle with any sort of intent.

Listen to your dogs because not only do they have a far better sence of smell, but also better night vision.
I had a strange experience when I was out tonight walking. It was about 9 so pitch black and all of a sudden both dogs came hurtling towards me, hackles up, growling-now Molly seemed scared but Charlie just seemed fierce (if a pup of 5 months can be described as fierce), at this point I'm wondering what on earth has got into them 'cause I can't see anyone when I spot a strange looking bloke pacing up and down further down the field. Just walking back and forward in a line-on his own muttering away. Now he could have been perfectly innocent but my dogs have the outlook that there is no such thing as a stranger just friends they don't know yet nd they defintely didn't like this bloke one little bit and tht is good enough for me. I turned til nd wlked bck the wy I cme. very odd indeed, they both stuck to me like glue till we got home.
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 01:26 AM
I would never walk my dogs in the dark. We have the garden and yard floodlit and let them run there if they need exercise at night.

I wouldn't be frightened of being attacked but would be scared of being run over as we live down a one track road that occasionally idiots drive as fast as they can down.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Four dogs and a 12 bore.

We've being having stuff stolen out of the barns recently, so I go out well prepared.
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 10:16 PM
when i finished work at night (10:30) i would always have my rape alarm and my set of work/flat keys in my hand ready to skewer any eyeballs out!!! I also have a pocket full of sand just in case(good to chuck at any would be;s face!)
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 10:30 PM
It depends, if I have to walk on my own at night (which is rare) then I road walk, I won't go to the woods in the dark without my OH He however is perfectly happy to take them out wherever at night (he's a bit bigger than me ).
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >