Administrator
Male 

24-03-2007, 02:42 PM
*rolls eyes*
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Azz, i would not wait till your nephew gets a wii, i would get yourself one as soon as. As its how gaming should be, graphics are not a top priority but gameplay is, shame sony and microsoft dont do this.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-03-2007, 02:52 PM
There's only one game that interests me for the Wii at the mo, Zelda. Unfortunately, last gen graphics puts me off big time and there's no way it could be my only gaming platform. I love playing games in virtual believable worlds and the Wii just doesn't cut it.

However, that's not to say I don't like the Wii, It has some unique plus points, ie it's great for 'party' games, and games that I could get older members of the family to have a go at too. So that novelty aspect about it is a great draw to me and I'm sure we'll have loads of fun getting the 'oldies' to have a go lol

Not sure about Microsoft but Sony have some really innovative games coming out, I was lucky enough to go to a pre-launch event, and some of the games such as flow and Supa Rub'a'dub are just crazily addictive and compelling! They don't rely on graphics so much and are all about the 'experience'. I was hooked on the duck game after about 2 seconds of playing it lol
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Zelda is a quality game, excite truck is great aswell, the problem i see with the wii at the minute is a lot of games are no more than demo types showing off what can be done, i also would not have it as my only console thats why i went the wii60 route as it still came in under the ps3 price, i honestly think sony have made a mistake with the price like nintendo back with the n64, also i think they have treated europe badly with the lack of the "budget" pack.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-03-2007, 03:51 PM
I see you are very happy with your new toy then Azz
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 03:55 PM
I thought I saw you Azz, queueing for 3 days to be sure you got one!!
Dawn.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Aha that's where you are. Sounds very impressive but you know that you're blinding me with science. Enjoy !
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Carole - yep very happy... just hope work doesn't suffer lol

Dawn - I WISH! Did you hear? The first 100 got a free £2,500 Sony Bravia TV!! If I'd have know I would've camped a whole week

Megarose - lol, give it a try, look how much fun that granny is having in the vid I posted in my other blog entry

Stormey - sorry mate, don't agree. My nephews bought the budget xbox360, and they never got round to using much of the consoles features because it didn't have a Hard disk. So they didn't once play online with it. Guess what they want to do now? Get rid of it!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Still about choice though, i do think the two versions of the 360 were bad but with the ps3 they both had hard drives but of different sizes, add to that the release date being months behind and the backwards compatibility being less than in the us and japan i think sony are now doing the same mistakes nintendo made with how they treat europe.

I admint i will probably get one eventully but i think there will be a price drop sooner rarther than later. I would have got one at launch if i knew about the tv offer. motorstorm does look good. Anyway enough debating and go and enjoy gears of war and zelda will do me for a while.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >