View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-01-2014, 12:22 PM
The small brown non-descript mutt Mother got from Battersea Dogs Home when we were about 12 was the quietest most easy-going dog ever. They reckoned she was about 12-18 months old and thought she might have had Corgi somewhere in her background as she had shortish legs for her body, but she was really just a mutt of no known origin.

One day she caught and killed a rat somewhere in our long back garden - probably in the bottom third where Father grew loads of vegetables and some fruit [he started it of during the "Dig for Victory" campaign during WWII and just carried on...] - brought it to the kitchen door and carefully laid it out for Mother...

...who promptly screamed her head off and twin and I had to scoop it up on a shovel, dump it on a load of newspaper, wrap up the newspaper and then put it in the dustbin.

Mother would be spinning in her grave if she knew about the meecicles in my home!
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Mother would be spinning in her grave if she knew about the meecicles in my home!
My Mum would be spinning too if she knew I had a cage of rats in her bedroom
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
My Mum would be spinning too if she knew I had a cage of rats in her bedroom
Would you please come and clean my monitor [and keyboard] as it is now covered in what was supposed to be my lunch!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 01:27 PM
The small brown non-descript mutt Mother got from Battersea Dogs Home when we were about 12 was the quietest most easy-going dog ever. They reckoned she was about 12-18 months old and thought she might have had Corgi somewhere in her background as she had shortish legs for her body, but she was really just a mutt of no known origin.

One day she caught and killed a rat somewhere in our long back garden - probably in the bottom third where Father grew loads of vegetables and some fruit [he started it of during the "Dig for Victory" campaign during WWII and just carried on...] - brought it to the kitchen door and carefully laid it out for Mother...

...who promptly screamed her head off and twin and I had to scoop it up on a shovel, dump it on a load of newspaper, wrap up the newspaper and then put it in the dustbin.

Yes, I'm not sure why many mothers think mice are so awful. I love the cute little things, and if I wasn't worried about my cat somehow killing all of mine (I'm SURE she would manage this, or scare them into heart attacks trying), I'd have a few rat pets of my own.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Would you please come and clean my monitor [and keyboard] as it is now covered in what was supposed to be my lunch!
Not keen on flying myself but I can send Zymi who will gladly lick it clean for you or maybe some local meeces might be happy to help
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5