View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
looby
Dogsey Junior

10-05-2004, 03:15 PM

So Lucky

just back from walking sir......wot a nightmare.

i alternate between using a gentle leader and practising heel work on his normal collar.

well i decided to walk without the leader on and we were doing very well, the occasional pull but more or less next to me. saw a bloke on a bike and knowing how sir sometime pulls to jump i was ready with both hands to stop him, yep he jumped and i was left with the lead in my hand and sir in the road :smt010

thankfully there were no cars and the cyclist had stopped and sir had not charged of and came trotting back, i swore and thanked the guy,,,,,,so shocked and relieved.

in my stupidness i hadnt clipped the lead to the ring on the collar but by mistake and clipped him to the thin ring with his tags on which is attached to his collar. having witnessed a dog hit by a car a few months im not wanting a repeat.

proceeded on the walk and go past a primary school and it was home time ...how many children, sir was very good and ignored them but i put him back onto his gentle leader, then watched a child run into the road and the shcoked mother after her, again thankfully no cars.

sir is non the wiser, now flaked out on the bed hugging my pillow

and i am now cooking livercake for him.

phew just thought id share this with you.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

10-05-2004, 03:20 PM
glad he is ok Loopy.
here, have a brandy...
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Looby, Ive done that too and got the fright of my life, Star just took off, luckily she ran home.
Robert
Dogsey Senior

10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
I did at a moterway services, we walked over to the grass, when Heidi spotted a blackbird, and she was off, fortunately she stops when called, spent half an hour looking for her tags and only found her Identichip tag and not the one with the name and addresss on.
looby
Dogsey Junior

10-05-2004, 07:43 PM
am more relieved now and have stopped worrying as he is okay and nothing awful happened.

though i will be checking and double checking each tiem i clip the lead to his collar.

thanks azz for the brandy but after the booze i had this weekend think i'll stick to soft drinks (had hangover on sunday ) wine and smirnoff ice dont mix (werent in the same glass i have to add)
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-05-2004, 08:56 AM
Arent they a worry
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2004, 01:00 PM
I had my dog on a leash one day and he broke the metal part that clips onto the collar. That was a real scene. In this case there were cars coming, and a few angry people because he was off lead. He's very friendly and loving, but people see his stripes and get paranoid assuming he's vicious. It seems more acceptable to have dogs offlead in the UK than it is here.

Glad you had no bad incidents under the circumstances that day