Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

19-10-2013, 08:23 PM

Cosmo, male Old Tyme Bulldog - DOB 08.07, Godstone, Surrey

Cosmo, Old Tyme Bulldog - DOB 08.07, Godstone, Surrey

Homing Requirements: Cosmo deserves to have a family who are experienced with large dogs in terms of his management on the lead and in the home. They will then put his antics in perspective as such a large dog will shake unconfident peoples nerves. He mixes well with dogs on his walk and is kind towards children. They will just need to ensure he doesn't feel it’s his job to protect family members.

His Story: Cosmo was found stray and chipped, but there was no response from his registered owners. Friendly with people and dogs, he impressed the dog wardens to go all out to find him a rescue space with us. Cosmo is neutered, chipped and vax'd. Currently in boarding kennels near Godstone, Surrey.

Advert: Cosmo is the size of the Cosmos! A gentle and large strong dog and a big sop. Yes he slobbers and if tempted by food may dribble … see his joules and you'll see why. Cosmo walks well on the lead and is not a puller in our books and obviously he will be walked with another dog on meeting so for potential owner to judge. He has a kind heart. He may become protective of his family members unless it is clear from the outset that this is not his role: Not guardy in the kennel, but very approachable and trusting. Housetrained with attention. Travels very well in the car, but preferably in the front passenger seat!

Cosmo is a handsome large Olde Tyme Bulldog of around 35 kilos in weight. He is predominantly white with large brindle patches. Found very underweight but now at his target weight. Lolloping, Soppy, Slobbery and an Endearing Buffoon!

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: This ad has been posted by Rescue Remedies Dog Rescue. We are a registered charity (No. 1139407) and our work involves finding unwanted dogs their life long homes. We currently have approx. 100+ dogs under our wing. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £175 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Cosmo is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering Cosmo a home please complete our homing questionnaire.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-03-2014, 11:28 AM
An update from Lynne on Cosmos when she had him out and about for the day:

"Cosmo jumped in the dog mobile today...front seat of course!

He is such a soppy baby you could hear him thinking...goggle eyed, looking, taking it all in, a little concerned but amazed as the scenery swept by. He sat and enjoyed the wait outside the vets, inwardedly relieved he wasn't going in. Then off we sped on to the M25 and as though by cue a police car went by and Cosmo suddenly wanted to focus on me..oh boy...I mean Good boy! He starts to give me one paw then the other, at one stage I thought he was going to give me both..Junction 7...Junction 8 and I'm hoping he will settle down..he leans forwards and eye balls me and seems to appreciate the good boys coming his way. As we come off Junction 9 he focuses back on the journey and suddenly we have arrived Chessington kennels, your new temporary home. Lets hope you have lots of renewed luck and your owners come to meet you, special boy, soooon. Scott disappeared making friends as they walked together".

Cosmo is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering Cosmo a home please complete our homing questionnaire