Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-06-2013, 08:20 PM

Kyle, male American Bulldog, DOB 08

Kyle, American Bulldog, DOB 08 – Biggleswade, Bedfordshire

Homing Requirements: Kyle deserves a family who are looking to offer him reassurance, companionship, a secure garden and further training. Unassessed with children. Not for cats as he actively searches for them. Receptive to meeting dogs. Can pull on the lead; a gentle leader, halti or a skilled person in managing a large dog through voice, command, connection and graded teaching.

His Story: Kyle was found stray/abandoned and not claimed. Fortunately he was in a pound who holds on until a rescue place or home can be found but they became full & had no option but to put him to sleep. We stepped in at the eleventh hour. Homed with a Staffie family but they find him too strong. Kyle is now neutered, chipped and vax'd. Currently fostered with his family in Bedfordshire but he will come into kennels soon in Surrey soon.

Advert: Kyle is an American Bulldog. He is young, strong and positively playful. A great character who relaxes down into 'chilled' mode once away from his kennel. Happy to be left and he is fully housetrained. Kyle adjusts, adapts and learns fast. His initial concern is soon replaced with interaction and friendship. Kyle isn't overtly licky, just vibes of friendship, love and 'lets play ball'! Kyle travels well.

Kyle is around 4 years old, stunning looking with pale fawn and white colouring. He is in good condition, has been well cared for and well socialized. He was frightened in kennels when first found but has learnt to be receptive to new people within the kennel environment. Kyle needs a family behind him who can manage his strength outside and train him to connect...he makes a wonderful pet.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: This ad has been posted by Rescue Remedies Dog Rescue. We are a registered charity (No. 1139407) and our work involves finding unwanted dogs their life long homes. We currently have approx. 100+ dogs under our wing. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Well blow me, we get to the Gatwick kennels on Saturday for the photoshoot and take pics of a couple of dogs and out comes this beautiful boy. I think Lynne thought she would sneak him in for photos and no-one would notice! He definitely wasn't on our list, but hey how could we resist our favourite commando crawler - would recognise that handsome face any day of the week and who could resist him?!

Sharing a joke and a cuddle with SarahK

Doing what he does best ... that cute little flat frog leg crawl!

Kyle is currently in boarding kennels while he waits for a home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-08-2013, 11:41 AM
An update on Kyle from one of our volunteer walkers:

"Well finally got to the the BIG Man today, what a big softy! Here he is checking out who's he walking with

On the way we met Rosie the chocolate lab - he so wanted to play with her.

Then we got to the stream where he did his obligatory stance ...

And then it was cuddle time on the grass...

Although he does pull a bit he does eventually walk next to you and I believe with a bit of training especially on his lead he would make a smashing dog".

Kyle is currently in boarding kennels and is available to foster until his forever home comes along. Could you offer him a foster place or a home?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-09-2013, 11:58 AM
An update on Kyle from one of our volunteer walkers:

"A big, strong dog, but very friendly. A gentle giant. He meets other dogs well (you can see him greeting Sammy the Terrier in one picture) and loves to have his tummy tickled. Kyle was so excited to be going in the stream he almost dragged me in as well! Back at the kennel he got in his basket and laid on his back with legs in the air, so I could tickle his tum. Very sweet".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-10-2013, 08:14 PM
An update from one of our kennels volunteers on Kyle:

"Brought Kyle home after our walk on Saturday, he made friends quickly with Robbie and found a fav sport on the sofa
First night Kyle was a bit unsettled getting up every time he heard a noise, second day seemed more relaxed, has the odd moment where he chases his ball around or wants a game of tug, but seems more than happy snuggled up next to you on the sofa.

Left Kyle today while I went to work, came home at lunch to a very happy boy, no jumping just a wagging tail and a few licks, played ball in the garden and soaked up the sun till it was time for me to go".

Kyle is still available for adoption.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Kyle is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering Kyle a home please complete our homing questionnaire.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Another update from Kyle's fosterer:

Couple of pictures of Kyle on our walk, some progress on the pulling, he walks most of the time just in front on a slack lead and I can even have him walking by my side, he does tend to pull though if he sees or gets the scent of a cat or squirrel, apart from that walks are more relaxed and enjoyable.

No problems with Kyle being left while we are at work, when I come home for lunch I open the door and hear two thumps where he has jumped off the bed and he just goes back to bed when I leave, he greets us nicely when we all come home sometimes he gets a little over excited and charges round the living room but when told to calm down he will lay and wait for a stroke and cuddle.

Kyle playing with his tennis ball

Kyle snuggled with Robbie ...

Kyle is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering Kyle a home please complete our homing questionnaire