Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2005, 02:14 PM

Small World

HI

As some of you may know I work as a travel consultant from home office. Fo rthe past few weeks I have been organising for a couple and their dog to emigrate to Cambodia so have been arranging their flights etc for them. They contacted me on my website so had never met them face to face.

Anyway, it turns out as they are taking their dog with them - I have an affinity with the girlfriend as she is very much a doglover. We got chatting away and got on well. I always like to hand deliver tickets where I can so I arranged to visit her, drop off her tickets and meet the very important dog who is travelling with them.

Have just returned back from their house, turns out the boyfriend's family is from the same village as mine in Italy and has been great friends with my aunt for a number of years !!!! Amazing - their house in iTaly is up the road from ours....they go to the same restaurant in the village etc etc - So funny.

I now have a wonderful friend who is going to be living in Cambodia !!

All this from her selecting my website for a travel quote !!

Dani
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Blimey!! small world indeed!
Its lovely when things like that happens
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2005, 02:20 PM
wow its so weird when things like this happen, and them living on your door step!
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2005, 02:27 PM
thats just great it really is a small world
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2005, 02:30 PM
just really strange - but now I have an open invitation to cambodia too !!

they are wondeful people - really impressed me how much energy and time they have put in to organise for their wee dog to come with them too - ALOT of money ( more than it cost them) to do this and its nice to see as would have been easy to put him up for adoption. many people would.

dani
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2005, 02:38 PM
it really is a small world
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2005, 03:04 PM
it is a very small world
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Thats great Danni solves the problem where to go on holiday .

I am always amazed by how small the world is. I had to speak to one of my top bosses the other day, it came up in conversation that she had been to Derbyshire to the Game Fair at Chatsworth, she said she had stayed in a great B& B where they had horses and coaches, it turned out to be my cousin .

My friends daughter was backpacking in Africa, she and a friend were going through a gate and got talking to the two English boys who held it open. The sister of one of the boys went to the same boarding school and was in the same year as the two girls.