Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
younglady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2006, 03:28 PM

Blood When Going To The Toilet

could someone tell me what is wrong with someone if when they go to the toilet and do a number 2 (didnt know what other way to put it other than when they do a poo!) and blood comes out as someone i know is having this problem and is worried thanks
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 03:31 PM
hi it can be a number off things or it could be nothing however if i were you i would tell them to go to the doctors to get it checked out
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Well the obvious reason could be piles or haemorrhoids as they are known which are swollen veins in the back passage which bleed when you go to the toilet or another reason could be bowel cancer so its always wise to get it checked out if it happens frequently.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Often it's just colitis or haemorrhoids (piles), but your friend definitely needs to see the doctor as it could be something much worse!
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 04:57 PM
I agree with everyone else`s posts, hope they get it sorted soon though
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 05:07 PM
I agree with the others!
It could be piles (most probably) but it could also be something more serious. It is best to get it checked by the GP.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 05:22 PM
depends if the blood is mixed in the poo, or only seems to be on the outside or on the tissue. if the later, then it could just bit that the 'hole' (for lack of a more sophisticated word) is slightly torn. If this is the case, then there would be blood on the tissue and in the toilet. The doctor can give cream for this.

however, if its in the poo, then it could be something more serious.
in either case i would strongly advise a visit to the doctor or call NHS direct who will be able to give advise over the phone
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
depends if the blood is mixed in the poo, or only seems to be on the outside or on the tissue. if the later, then it could just bit that the 'hole' (for lack of a more sophisticated word) is slightly torn. If this is the case, then there would be blood on the tissue and in the toilet. The doctor can give cream for this.

sorry that made me laugh otherwise known as an Anal Fissure ( hope I spelt that right)